now I am feeling old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dave54

Just received a facebook post from a former coworker.  I recruited her just out of high school, trained and mentored her. 

Just announced her retirement in two months.

I retired when I saw some of my earlier projects displayed in the local museum  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/Smileys/default/shocked.gif

dave54 said:
Just received a facebook post from a former coworker.  I recruited her just out of high school, trained and mentored her. 

Just announced her retirement in two months.

Happened to me too and I'm relatively young. A kid I mentored in HS and just after HS just announced his retirement sometime after March. How'd he get so old.

Ken

I am the youngest of 5 kids and was the first to "retire" after 20 years in the Army.  5 Years layer, I'm in my second job/career and the other still ain't retired.  They better hurry cause I hope to "fully" retire in about another 10 years.... ;)
I bet I make them feel old!

Just before I retired, I was sitting in the office with a colleague, whom I didn't know very well.  She said, "When did you graduate from dental school?" "1971," I replied. "Oh," she said, "before I was born." I told her, "You could have gone all day without saying that." "Sorry," she said,"I didn't realize I said that out loud."

I graduated from high school in 1967, a couple of class mates are now great grandparents. Yikes!!!

OLD?  Well I did come in second when bidding for building the ARK. Noah cut corners to get the winning bid.

Actually, some of my student pilots of years gone by have retired from airline jobs, now we just sit on the porch squeaking our rocking chairs.

Cheers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom