mounting a canoe rack on top of a 2001 roadtrek 190 versatile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeancaron377

I needed to mount a rack on top of our 2001 roadtrek 190 versatile, because we love canoeing and we could not plan a trip to Alaska and Yukon without being able to carry our 16 foot canoe to these remote places.

I did not wanted to put bolts through the fiberglass, so I used the rain gutters that run on each side of our Dodge 3500 .
On the driver side, it was just a matter of welding a piece of steel long enough to reach the top of the roadtrek.
On the passenger side, the awning was a major problem.  The rain gutter attachment had to be modified in a way that it can go behind the awning, and that it can be secured by a bolt that was not in the way of the awning.
After a few tries, I was able to figure it out.

I found a place in British Columbia (load-it.com)that makes a side loader for a canoe or a kayak, and the side loader must be fixed on a roof rack.
I will order it soon and come back to you when it is installed.

Attachments

• unnamed[2].png
    unnamed[2].png
    29.5 KB · Views: 35
  • unnamed[1].png
    unnamed[1].png
    71.1 KB · Views: 43
Nice fix for carrying a canoe.  We carried ours on our two month Alaska trip and used the canoe one day!!  It was nice to have it with us though, we just didn't have enough time to do everything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom