mexican insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tvfrfireguy

In a earlier post in another section, I asked about travel south of the border.  I found out that Mexican auto insurance is a must or you can end up in jail.  The prices I have been quoted range from $270.00 ti $300.00 dollars for eight days.  Zowie, that's over fourteen thousand dollars a year.  Do any of you pay this rate?  Am I shopping in the wrong place?  I know for a fact, after being hit high speed by an illegal on hi way 97 south of Toppenish WA. causing over twelve thousand in damage to my new truck, that he rode of into the sunset in a tow truck and the police did nothing.  He had no licence or insurance.  What gives?  I guess the people of Mexico don't want our business. 

tvfrfireguy said:
In a earlier post in another section, I asked about travel south of the border.  I found out that Mexican auto insurance is a must or you can end up in jail.  The prices I have been quoted range from $270.00 ti $300.00 dollars for eight days.  Zowie, that's over fourteen thousand dollars a year.  Do any of you pay this rate? 

Call 800-909-4457 for liability insurance which covers all vehicles you drive in all of Mexico. Their current rate is $58.00/yr. I have used this company three times but never had a claim. My friend, who goes to Mexico for several weeks at a time a couple times per year, recommended the company. I was quite skeptical of the company (because of the price) until my friend had an accident a couple of years ago and the company paid the claim with NO hassle.

I am not sure of the company name (might be A.S.D. International Insurance) but they are located in CA and can handle everything over the phone. They can even FAX you the policy if time is a problem. They have an ad in the Family Motor Coaching Magazine every month. If they had multiple complaints, FMCA would stop carrying their ad.

In addition, my insurance carrier (Amica) indicated that I would be covered under my current policy; the problem is with the Mexican Government, they will not accept a US company's coverage. If I remember right, the border people want to see proof of insurance, and they always accepted the policy I had.

Richard

PS I just Googled ASD International Insurance and found the following site:
Insurance
They give the address as: A.S.D. International Insurance Services: 28636 Front St., Suite 203, Temecula, CA 92590, (800)909-4457, FAX (909)676-5298

There is also a lot of good information about traveling into Mexico.

Richard:  Thank you so much for the info.  I called my State Farm agent, and she said that as soon as I cross the border, I'm on my own.  No  State Farm coverage in Mexico.  I must get the full deal.  I have been hit 4 times in the last to years by uninsured drivers.  I won't start my rig without it.  Thanks again!  I hope this outfit is more affordable.  Dave

We are headed for Mexico next month and are insured with Progressive. Our m/h policy provides comp and collision coverage but no liability coverage on Mexico so we bought a policy that inclused liability, and towing coverage for $106.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom