Blogging site recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PCDJ

We plan to start a blog for our friends, by invitation only.
Any successes or failures folks have had?
Free would be great but not necessary.
thanks
Davida and Peter

I've been using Google's blogger.  It's fairly easy to limit access and has decent blog design application.  In addition, Google has opened up the cloud to include unlimited data storage for images which is easily accessed by Blogger.  It's all free (so far).  There may be better bloggers, but I've not found the need to look.

Thanks so much. Blogger was the first one I heard of. Will give it a try.

This post is a few months old but I am answering just in case anyone else is interested. I used Travelpod for my first few blogs. Very easy to write and upload pictures. It has an app if you use a tablet or IPad and it is easy for your friends to navigate. Have a look at Wordpress also. It is a little more complicated but still fairly easy to use and share. You can make it as "public" or private as you want. Both programs are free and if you are interested, when you get home, you can turn your blog into a book, which makes a nice souvenir...and impasses the heck out of anyone noticing it on your coffee table!

You might be surprised how many people are interested in your travels. I started my blogs for a few friends who wanted to travel vicariously with us, but mostly for selfish reasons...I wanted a journal of our adventures. I picked up more followers each trip, probably about 40-50 on my last one. My last blog is "public" and has had over ten thousand hits...who knew so many would want to read about my travels! If interested, I would be happy to share my sites with anyone who wants to see what the programs can do. Just send me a PM.

Up to now my blogs have been about travels in other countries, and not in an RV. This summer I will do my first blog on an RV trip as we head across Canada into the Maritimes.

Thank you for taking the time.
I'll look into Traveled.  Explored Wordpress a little, but when I decided to make the leap, it offered an option for $100 that promised more security, no ads etc.  So I got confused and stopped.
Started an FB page for our friends, but know that some of them won't do FB.
Still thinking on it.

Back
Top Bottom