Best motorhome built for full timing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William52

We have looked at many and seems the more we looked the more confused we have become. With so many brands and models is there a A Lister's guide to the best class A for full timing? Not talking about floor plan, but better materials, workmanship and components and chassis, engines both gas and diesel? I need brand names and the better models of the manufacturer's.  that you all have had the best service from. And solid wood cabinets better built and bigger shower and larger sink for shaving. etc.Thanks Confused...

Most will say to buy a used coach from a high end builder. For diesels some of those would be Monoco, Country Coach, Travel Supreme,  Newmar, Holiday Rambler, Beaver, and Wanderlodge. Foretravel would be another step up.

I am happy with my Winnebago Vista LX. Just find one that you like the floorplan, does what you want it too, has what you want and go for it. You will get gray hairs if you try to find what everyone else thinks is the best RV out there.

All else being equal, it never is but you assumed it was, the price will generally identify the higher quality unit. It's a very competative business and you pay for what you get.  Look at the sales prices on the ppl web site over time and you'll get a pretty good idea over time.

Ernie

kwajkat said:
You will get gray hairs if you try to find what everyone else thinks is the best RV out there.

Ha!!  Ain't that the truth!!

The best Class A is the one you own!  ;D

The higher quality units are the more expensive ones (as previously listed).  This life is one in which you must live it to know what you want/require and those items are likely to evolve over time. There are a huge number of variables and lots of opinions.

Technically, NONE are built for full timing.  Full timing could mean sitting alot or traveling alot, makes a big difference.>>>Dan

Look at your intended lifestyle...ask yourself what you'll spend the most time doing in the rv...then evaluate what rv features will make that easier.      You know yourself better than anyone here.   

Also, go look up different rv floorplans.    Ask yourself what you like/dislike about each.    Make a list.    Line up the stuff that appeals to you to help narrow the field.

I am new at this too.  What would you consider the high end builders in gas coaches?  I'm debating new or used.  I'm not mechanical, so am scared a bit about buying someone else's headaches.

Two things I see that usually show up on the higher end coaches ( gas or diesel ) is dual pane windows and fiberglass roofs.

Back
Top Bottom