Carolyn (PatrioticStabilist)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jagnweiner

Anyone know where she's at?  I've been following her adventures for a few years. A few weeks ago she was preparing for a Florida trip and now she just shows up as "guest", no longer a forum member.

The "guest" notation appears when someone deletes their account on the forum, beyond that I'm not sure on Carolyn herself.  She had come and gone for periods of time before IIRC, but not to the point of removing her RVF account.

What are the dates on the posts in which she is listed as a guest? I've noticed that some of the regular members show up as guests on older posts. I assumed it was before they actually registered or something.

I've noticed that some of the regular members show up as guests on older posts.

That means they deleted their account and re-registered at a later date. Occasionally, a forum member gets upset by how they perceive they're being treated by other forum members or staff, and they leave (delete their account). Later they either miss this place or realize it's not so bad after all.

I assumed it was before they actually registered or something.

Only registered and logged-in members can post. Hasn't changed since we (I) set up the forum at this location.

All posts (as far as I know) now show up as "guest," including ones made three weeks ago.  Usually when someone deletes their account, it's immediately preceded by some sort of argument with other forum members, but that doesn't seem to be Carolyn's style.  :)  Hope she comes back soon.

All posts (as far as I know) now show up as "guest," including ones made three weeks ago.

Yes, when a member deletes their account, they no longer have a user name or profile, and the forum software inserts 'guest' when displaying any of their messages.

Sounds like she took her toys and went home...LOL ;D
It does spike my curiosity, as I don't recall her being a super 'opinionated' forum member.  I dunno, I've been off here for a bit myself.  No deleted account, just busy with work and life. 8)

I'm surprised. I think I have seen her on the American Coach Owners group in the not too distant past. Maybe also 3-4 weeks back?

Note that if she closed her account and re-registered under a new name, as a way to change her logon Id or screen name, the result would be the same.

Your display (screen) name can be changed without opening a new account.

Note that if she closed her account and re-registered under a new name, as a way to change her logon Id or screen name...

Can't recall anyone doing that. When folks don't know or are unsure, they email or PM me; I've received a number of such requests.

She may have gotten out of RVing, and decided to shut her account down.  I've been on a lot of forums for the last 20 years....people come and go all the time....and sometimes they go and come back for whatever reason. 

Sigh, that's not what I said, and this isn't the place to discuss this.

I've missed her. I went looking for an update two weeks ago, and could no longer find her as a member. I was looking for new news about her DD, her hubby and the MIL and Aunt.

murphysranch said:
I've missed her. I went looking for an update two weeks ago, and could no longer find her as a member. I was looking for new news about her DD, her hubby and the MIL and Aunt.

Maybe you could find an old post which she was in and try to send her a PM.

Back
Top Bottom