Drivability/Paking difference in 34-36ft Class A Diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wawa18

Hi all:

We have been looking for a shorter class A diesel (we own a 31' C now) and I have seen different posts regarding parking and driving different sizes.  My DH says he can drive any length but I am the one that wants to stay in the shorter range and also I believe we can be very happy in a 34-36 ft coach just by what I am seeing in layouts out there.  We will still continue to camp with out grandkids in County/State parks as well as traveling more and staying away from home longer and eventually for months at a time.  My question is if we see a coach that is 37ft long vs 34ft long(which is my preference)will there be any difference in driving or parking something that is a few feet longer??  Will we see a big difference on maneuverability and parking adding 3-4 more feet? 

Thank You.

Absolutely nothing. I am qualified to answer since I have owned and driven a dozen RVs from vans class As and Cs from 27 to 39 feet. The vans are obviously different to drive but the 27 to 39 foot is basically the same. The back follows the front and you must make your turns wide. You are going to be living in your RV the large percentage of time and only driving it a small percent of the time I feel it is better to maximize the RV for living and carrying stuff rather than being easy to find a parking space for.

I agree with Tom.  We went from a 34' DP to a 40' DP.  Jerry seriously like the 38' model and I didn't.  The interior layouts were quite similar but the big problem with two feet less was in the bathroom.  I would have been hitting my elbow on the shower door every time I combed my hair and I hated being that crowded.  Of course, the vanity counter and cabinets also were smaller.  In the kitchen the refrigerator also was smaller to fit into less space.  That's why we tell people to concentrate on the floor plan and layout.  As Tom said you'll be living in it more than you'll be driving it (you WILL be driving it too won't you????) and it's got to be livable inside.  That few feet won't make much difference in drivability so find the layout you like and go from there.

ArdraF

I guess hubby wins on this one when he says there is not much difference in a few feet.  We now just have to make sure if fits beside our garage and it should work.  Thank You !!

If you are going to spend much time and travel I wouldn't go below 38ft-40ft. Going down the road you won't be able to tell the difference.
I have never had a problem finding some place to park.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom