Need assistance: ultimate freedom gray water valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aprs

In a bind with full tank and the gray water valve cable let loose from the valve  Didn't know I was superman when I pulled it, Thandle and about 3ft cable came out. :eek: Does anyone know where and how to access the valve for repair? Or recommend repair facility near Denver CO? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
-Boz-

Edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

aprs said:
In a bind with full tank and the gray water valve cable let loose from the valve  Didn't know I was superman when I pulled it, Thandle and about 3ft cable came out. :eek: Does anyone know where and how to access the valve for repair? Or recommend repair facility near Denver CO? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
-Boz-

If you plan on repairing it yourself, you would have to guesstimate where the valve is or you can pull down some of the under belly and hopefully you'll be able to find it that way. If you knew exactly where the valve is, you could cut a access hole  2' X 2' on three sides. Do not cut the front edge. Use that as a hinge. Then repair the valve and seal the access door with special tape made for that under belly material.

Thanks Rene! Didn't have to cut anything. Thanks to Chris for the link to the plumbing diagrams, they gave me an idea where the valves are. Ended up pulling the water bay panels out to access the valve. Of course the inboard one is the culprit and requires 4 ft arms which i don't have. Used my old drum brake spring removal installation tool to grip and pull the valve open so the tank got drained. But ran out of daylight to get the cable back into the valve. This is gonna take some luck getting it back into the cylinder as the access to the valve is not good at all.

aprs said:
Thanks Rene! Didn't have to cut anything. Thanks to Chris for the link to the plumbing diagrams, they gave me an idea where the valves are. Ended up pulling the water bay panels out to access the valve. Of course the inboard one is the culprit and requires 4 ft arms which i don't have. Used my old drum brake spring removal installation tool to grip and pull the valve open so the tank got drained. But ran out of daylight to get the cable back into the valve. This is gonna take some luck getting it back into the cylinder as the access to the valve is not good at all.

Thanks for getting back to us. You're halfway there. Good luck. Let us know how you finally make out.

On my 03 Ultimate Advantage 40e I got fair access to the valves by removing past of the wall from the storage compartment adjacent to the water bay (3/4" panel 4' long secured by screws along bottom & top edges), then pulling out sine of the styrofoam insulation.  There was still metal framework to work around but I managed.

Thanks Chaps! I removed the panel and could see behind the water compartment and this helped in removing the water compartment panels thus last night I was able to access the valve and pull the plunger with of all things my 25 year old drum brake spring remove/install tool 'cause my arms were too short to reach the valve which is about 4' inboard! This morning, I used the same tool to line up the cable and insert it into the valve cylinder and torqued it down. Ops normal  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom