2004 Roadtrek 210 - on the road questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catwintersteen

Greetings! We're newbies...and on the road. Before leaving we installed new house batteries and a new trip lite 750 inverter. We find that the batteries are only working when connected to shore power. Starting out today I turned OFF the inverter. Unplugged a mattress pump that I had left plugged in. Should my batteries be charging now while we're driving?

Thanks - Cathy

Also, I've got no running water. Both ranks filled. Pump on last night - no water. Generator doesn't work.  :mad: ;D

HELP!  :)

Battery switch is on - thanks.

I'm not sure Class Bs are wired the same as Class As, but if they are, it sounds like your house-battery switch may be turned off. Our 12 volt house systems (water pump) won't work, and our house-batteries won't charge when that switch is off. If you have such a switch, you might want to check its position.

Kev

It sounds like your battery disconnect switch is open or off.  On my class B, the switch is right at the converter box so it is not hard to find.  On my previous class C, it was at the battery box.  My alternator will not charge my house batteries unless the switch is closed or on.

It sounds like you are trying to use from your fresh water tank - what do you mean by "both tanks"?  My class B and all other campers I have owned only have one fresh water tank.  Have you tried to connect to your city water inlet?  Did the pump run all night?  It normally shuts itself off unless there is a need for it to be on.  If the fresh water tank was full with the pump running and the low point drains were open or the hot water heater plug were out, you may have lost all of your water.  On another note, did you sanitize your fresh water tank?

Class Bs have the same systems other campers do, they are just packed in very small places.  Find your water pump and your hot water heater (mine are under a dinette seat - the hot water heater is easy to spot from outside as well) and make sure everything is connected as you would expect.  With campers bouncing down the road, it's easy for stuff to come unhooked.

Good luck with it all!

Back
Top Bottom