2002 Ultimate Freedom Bedroom slide fluid leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judd777

I have a 2002 Ultimate Freedom that I purchased. When sliding the front slide in we noticed hydraulic fluid flooding the rear bedroom. The fluid was coming from under the slide.(at least a Gallon) I am assuming that I have a return line ruptured as those circuits are connected to the front slide as well. Could I get some insight on changing those lines. While working on it I think I will change all the lines that run under the slide.

Edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Welcome, sorry you have to be new here with a leak.  We have a few posts here about hydraulic leaks/hose replacement, enter a couple of search term in the search box in the upper right of this page.  You can also try a search in the general forum.

We might have somebody chime in that has changed hoses, so stand by.

Thanks John, I have search and have found some generic information but was hoping, as you suggest, that someone has replaced hoses on a similar unit.
This is a very minor problem compared to the work I have done on this unit. I bought it after an accident that damaged the undercarriage. I have replaced the front frame rails as well as the front independent suspension and the rear axle. 

Judd
It appears that there is more damage then you thought. There are a few longer HWH Hydraulic hoses running from the pump/ reservoir to the rear of the coach. These can be followed under the coach and along the rear access panel. Is there a possibility that you missed a connection when replacing the rear assembly,or a hose was cut when the coach was damaged.
I have replaced 2 hoses controlling the rear slide, a pump motor and 3 solenoids, but have not had any issues with the front slide. The system works on a higher pressure than I thought so use caution around all the connections.
If you need parts or information contact Stuart Services, Inc, Elkhart IN. 800-826-6267 they are very knowledgeable and stock HWH parts. There is an APO number on the reservoir have it handy when speaking to them.

Thanks. I have traced the lines to the rear. No leaks. the leak is definitely on one of the lines that cross under the slide. They lay on the wall at the base of the slide. I'm just not sure how to get to them. Its snowing and in the teens so I'm not very motivated to tear into the job.

Its snowing and in the teens so I'm not very motivated to tear into the job.

I would agree with you, good luck when warmer weather decides to get here!!

Two lines were busted. New ones ordered from HWH and installed. About a 2 hour job. Be aware that the slide creeps in when the old lines are removed from the equalization cylinder so your work space becomes limited.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superskip
Back
Top Bottom