2016 Yellowstone Forum Rally - Trip Planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since we are early risers and prefer the scenic route, what do y'all think of ;

Leaving Jackson WY on 33 heading west > 31 to cross the mountain to Swan Valley, > 26 > 48 > 20 heading north ?

Houston Remodeler said:
Since we are early risers and prefer the scenic route, what do y'all think of ;

Leaving Jackson WY on 33 heading west > 31 to cross the mountain to Swan Valley, > 26 > 48 > 20 heading north ?

You may have already gone, and I don't know that route across to Swan Valley (which looks a little hilly), but you may want to stay on 33 all the way to 20. I have driven that in a car, it's a little twisty and turny, but very scenic through the potato farms.

But if you came out of Jackson on Hwy 33 and survived the Teton Pass, you'll be good anywhere!  8)

Kim

Kim, thanks. We like twisty turny scenic roads.  Al decided to do all our laundry before we head out this morning so I caught your message.

Remind me to tell you the story of how we squeezed our trailer through a McDonald's drive through in Raleigh.

Some Bison Pics by Coleen on Sunday Evening just north of W. YS. on highway 191

Attachments

• Bison (1) .jpg
    Bison (1) .jpg
    208 KB · Views: 16
  • Bison (2) .jpg
    Bison (2) .jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 11
Today has been quite.the day for bison jams. Took us 3 hours to.go from the west entrance to Old Faithful. Bison...walking down the center line...or.right down the middle of the lanes of traffic.

Just another day in Yellowstone.

Yeah...we saw her and one other lame bison. I just know I should have stopped and loaded them into the back of the C-Max and taken them to the ranger station for care... :p

We left the cabin about 9, and arrived at Old Faithful about 11, 1:45 of that in the jam. The Momma with the limp actually passed us a couple of times.

We had to turn around a mile or so into the west entrance. Far too many buffalo for our dogs. They can only eat one or two at a time.  ;)

Wow, starting early, but bison jams can happen anytime.  Yesterday Jim & Pat Dick and I had to attend training in Mammoth, we were on the road very early.  No issues on either end of the trip with vehicles. 

We heard from many areas of NPS, including Bison management, Wolf project, Bears etc.  Plus a heads up on a busy summer.  Very interesting day, although it was also pretty long.

My suggestion is to get into the park early.  Not as many early morning bison jams.  Nowhere near the number of cars.  Enjoy your day and head back out by between3 and 4.  Later in the day everyone else is on the way out.  OR have dinner here and head out after 7PM.

Back
Top Bottom