2016 Yellowstone Forum Rally - Trip Planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SargeW said:
Hey Kim, we hear that you may get 2" of snow tonight, is that what you guys hear?

It was flurrying earlier, supposed to get 2" to 4", but who knows...we're at 6600' here and the snow line is predicted at 5500' so .....

The highways will be clear and they'll clear and sand the passes. We're hunkered down and excited! Snow would make for some great wildlife shots and the Jeep is fueled.

Marc and Jimmie Kay Fisher arrived earlier and folks are dribbling in this week!

Bring it on!

Kim

That's the spirit Kim.  We have never let a little weather deter us from enjoying our RV and traveling. 

Although I will admit, the tornado warning in Texas last year freaked us out a bit. ???  Don't like those swirlin' winds.

Mike.

Kim,

I started to dewinterize the Beaver and encountered a water leak. Naturally the shops nearby are all booked up. Is it possible to transfer my reservation to a cabin instead? We still want to make this rally, but I'm afraid the Beaver won't be ready soon, especially if it turns out to be the water manifold itself (as I suspect).

Thanks.

Kim,

Just talked to Grizzly - they've put us in cabin C 15, and they said to just notify you, but the change is all handled, nothing for you to do.

Thanks.

Now that we're stuck with non-RV travel for this trip, I have to decide whether to bring the Jeep or the F-150 crew cab. Since we have to bring bedding, dishes, utensils, etc. with us, besides suitcases, the F-150 has more capacity, but both vehicles are comfortable for traveling and can work.

The really big question now is whether there is a "jeep trip" being planned that would not be doable for the F-150. The Wrangler Unlimited would be snug on storage for the stuff we need to bring, though it's probably doable, but I need to know if it's worth the cramping of space and leaving a few things behind.

Thanks for any input.

Larry,

I have my eyes on a couple of short Jeep trips that could be worked in, nothing crazy, just explorations and not in YNP, but think everyone is going to be real busy in the park.

I would trade comfort over utility on this trip and catch a ride if someone goes wheeling.  8)

Kim

OK -- thanks, Kim. The F-150 is 4WD with 20" tires, but of course it's somewhat large with a long wheelbase, so that would determine whther it could make it on a trail. Barring something really attractive, then, I'll just plan on the F-150.

Thanks.

Larry N. said:
Kim,

I started to dewinterize the Beaver and encountered a water leak. Naturally the shops nearby are all booked up. Is it possible to transfer my reservation to a cabin instead? We still want to make this rally, but I'm afraid the Beaver won't be ready soon, especially if it turns out to be the water manifold itself (as I suspect).

Thanks.

That sucks Larry.  Sorry to hear you won't be bringing the coach.

Mike.

Marty there are some trails over in the Gravely range.  Not serious 4wd but great sightseeing.

Cool, I don't need to hard core rock climb to have a good time. Sometimes it's just nice to get off of the beaten path and see what's out there. 

Bill, who is very familiar with the area, and I just had a short discussion and if folks need a break from the park, there are several interesting Jeep day trips that could be easily added to the agenda. No rock crawling but some great scenery and manageable off the pavement stuff.

skyking4ar2 said:
Bill, who is very familiar with the area, and I just had a short discussion and if folks need a break from the park, there are several interesting Jeep day trips that could be easily added to the agenda. No rock crawling but some great scenery and manageable off the pavement stuff.

Count us in for these trips.

Back
Top Bottom