Awning Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasoki

It has been a cool winter in Florida so far, so we haven't used the awning much.  A week and a half ago we used it without incident.  Today I hit the switch to deploy the awning.  After unrolling about  foot it starts rerolling the awning.  I have little (no?) experience with powered awnings, so I need some suggestions as to what the issue might be.  I am assuming there is a switch/sensor in the system which senses that there is too much tension/pressure in the system.  How do I tell if/where it s binding or whatever is causing the problem?

I have to say, I'm glad that the problem is with the unit stowed, not stuck down with no way of getting it up!

Re-rolling, as in actually reverses direction? Or just that the arms stop moving out and the tube continues to turn?

What make & model are we talking about here? The A&E (Dometic) is quite different than Carefree, and both companies have multiple models of powered awning..

The awning is a Dometic, and it doesn't have a wind sensor.  It runs out a foot or so, and with my hand firmly on the switch to unroll, it reverses direction and rolls up again.  I was able to unroll it completely by stopping each time it reversed, and upon restart it would go another foot or so.  After it was half way out it worked without a hitch.  I have rolled it back up and unrolled it a couple of times since without problem.  Now just trying to understand my equipment and how it works,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom