Looking at buying a Class A, can passenger seat height be changed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mark.ogier

Hi
My wife and I have been doing a lot of RV shopping lately for a class A DP.
We have settled on an Itasca Meridian 2007 with very low miles. It is a lovely thing with one small niggle which seems to be true of nearly every RV we have looked at. The passenger seat height.
My wife is not very tall and her feet don't reach the floor. She has a bad back and having her legs swinging pulls her back and makes it uncomfortable on long trips.
There does not seem to be any vertical adjustment on the seat.
Am I missing something ?
If not, nay ideas on swapping the seat out for one that will adjust to a lower position?
Thanks
Mark

High end Rvs have height adjustable seats, but even then they tend to be high for folks with short legs (my wife is one of them). Sometimes the pedestal is raised a bit - ours came from the factory with 3/4" of washers under the base. Who knows why? My wife usually has the footrest extended rather than let her feet dangle and incur back pain.

If the coach has Flexsteel seats, there may be a lower pedestal available for it. Flexsteel makes 3 heights, but not every model of seat has all those choices.
http://www.braddandhall.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=726

She may just need a footrest on the floor in front of the seat.

Hi
Thanks Gary. The link to the different sized pedestal looks interesting. I will measure ours up and see if a shorter one is available. With all the luxury these chairs offer I would have through a height adjustment would be available. Ah well.

Best wishes
Mark

My DW has the same issues being short too.  We just keep a plastic 10" high step stool behind her seat for her to use.  She also needs it to reach the back of some of the upper cabinets, so it serves more then 1 use (main criteria for stuff in the coach).

if it is too low, the foot rest arms will hit the floor when extending or retracting

if it is too low, the foot rest arms will hit the floor when extending or retracting

Not to be dense, but this makes absolutely no sense to me. Am I missing something?

Bill

Most DP's have a retractable cover over the steps that serves as well ascthe passenger foot rest. That's probably what he's referring to.

Ernie

The "arms" of most built in foot rests are a scissors type mechanism that unfolds as the foot rest extends. To extend very far out, the "scissors" are fairly tall when folded under the seat in the closed position.

http://www.thehorrordome.com/images/products/display/scissor_extender_side_closed.jpg

Not all cockpit seats have these built-in, extendable footrests, but the pedestals used may be common to non-footrest models

Back
Top Bottom