dingy towing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Ox or Roadmaster. Get the type that folds and stores on the motorhome when not in use - not on the car. The lighter weight aluminum models are nice, but the all steel ones are fine too.

I'll second both of the last two posts.  Blue Ox and Roadmaster,  Some comments

I have Blue Ox-, the Aventa II Same as MFA.  I am very happy with it, it is well built and when I visited the Blue Ox factory last year I found they were very nice. Customer service was great, in fact I'd rate it beyond Great to Fantastic.  Should you visit their factory in Pender NE, they have a campground, full hookups, free camping.  I think I'd like to re-visit some time in warmer weather (I was there Thanksgiving Weekend) but wife don't much like Pender... Oh well (The nearby stockyards bother her sense of smell)

As I said, they were great

Roadmaster: Products are very similar in quaility and construction.. At most of the rallies I've been to, including the one I'm at now, Roadmaster has field agents who will come to your rig and do any service needed on your roadmaster products.  Once again it appears their customer support is excelent, service is good and products are top quality.

So though I have Blue Ox, and of course have no problems recommending their products,,, I have no problem recommending Roadmaster either.    Even prices are in line with each other

So which to choose... Well.. Your dealer carries one or the other, Not many dealers carry both.  My dealer had Blue OX, Camping World has Roadmaster. 

Thanks for the information.....everyone I talked to locally seemed to like the Roadmaster products over Blue OX....not really clear why. 

The Blue Ox generally uses a smaller bracket on the front of the car, though the style may vary according to the design of the car's front end. I have a Roadmaster Falcon and it has a large cross bar on the base plates, which provides excellent lateral stiffness but some consider to be insightly (but do you care?).  Since the Roadmaster's face bar can be removed when not towing, the issue may be moot, though  it does take a bit of effort to remove it.

If you decide to go with the Roadmaster, I recommend the All Terrain model over the Falcon II. It will unhitch easily in a wider range of conditions and that's worth the extra price if you can swing it. With the Falcon, you want the car and coach to be in a straight line for easy unhooking.  The Blue Ox claims to be easier to unhitch than the Falcon, but you still want as straight an alignment as possible to unhitch.  If you have a toad that is under 5000 lbs, the Blue Ox Alladin aluminum towbar is nice - it weighs only about half the others models.

teofff said:
Thanks for the information.....everyone I talked to locally seemed to like the Roadmaster products over Blue OX....not really clear why. 
When we started fulltiming in 1994, Jack chose the Roadmaster Stowmaster tow bar because it is stainless steel. We were moving to southeast Florida. It sits on the front of our jeep. We still have it and have had absolutely no trouble with it.

Regards,
Liz

Back
Top Bottom