Your opinions Good or bad Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lawrence M, I don't understand. Please help me to figure this out. You want comments on weather you should by a coach listed for $400,000. I sent you links to several places selling the same coach for about $250,000 and a coach that is as good or better than a Prevost conversion. Yes used but $100,000 less than what you were going to spend and it is a nicer coach used than the Tour is new.
Actually I think you should go by the Tour and give them an extra $50,000 to help the economy.
Bill

This was the exact type of coach I fell in love with at the RV show here in Minneapolis last week. I sat in it for about 45 minutes, talking with my DH and with the salesman. It was comfortable, roomy and had everything I wanted.  It even has a nice little shelf for a few of my clowns. :) It even had heated massage units in both the driver and passenger seats. The only negative I could find is that it is 43 feet long and I really dont want one that long. If I had that kind of money, and wanted one that big, this would be the coach I got.

If things are as bad as you say they are up there, you can probably talk them down in price a bunch. Good luck whatever you decide.

WILDEBILL308 said:
Lawrence M, I don't understand. Please help me to figure this out. You want comments on weather you should by a coach listed for $400,000. I sent you links to several places selling the same coach for about $250,000 and a coach that is as good or better than a Prevost conversion. Yes used but $100,000 less than what you were going to spend and it is a nicer coach used than the Tour is new.
Actually I think you should go by the Tour and give them an extra $50,000 to help the economy.
Bill
Thanks for your comments Bill. I guess you should check out the difference in our dollar. Also please understand that the price is listed by the dealer do you honestly think I would pay the advertised price.
I have a cap of $500.000. I am still looking.
Too many people put too much emphasis on the price.
I really wished I had blanked out the price as I feel the comments would have be more on the Integrity of the coach.

Gary RV Roamer said:
OK, so you are looking for a relatively fancy type coach, with many amenities.  I will reiterate that the Tour is a quite nice one, but as you have been told, it is not the only candidate. My personal choice was an American Tradition, and the American Revolution is in that price range too. Newmar Dutch Star and Monaco Diplomat are candidates as well, as is the Tiffin Allegro Bus.  You should shop around and see which ones have floor plans and amenities that you like, and what kind of deal you can strike on those you choose.
Thanks Gary
I have spent the last 3 months shopping. I just wish I had people other than Salesmen to help me with my choice. The next purchase will be our second Class A.
If I ever ask a question again about opinions I will leave the price out. Seems I opened a can of worms.
To go south of the Canadian border to shop for a coach is really not that convenient at this time. I still have a couple of months to get personal business taken care of. After that I will be in a better position to relax and take some time and find the right unit.

For those of you focussed on the dollar.
Check this one out.

http://www.rvt.com/Winnebago-Tour-42HD-2015-Fort-Myers-FL-ID6749021-UX92716

Now I did the conversion and it works out to $385546.12
And I would have to Fly 2000 plus miles to even look at it.

Now the question is would that make sense?

Lawrence: Are you saying the Tour is the only new coach in that class (which the RV market calls "near-luxury") that is readily available for purchase in your area and meets your purchase criteria?  You seem to have already considered, and rejected, alternative brands and used coaches. That's entirely up to you, of course, and there is no need for you to justify it to anyone else.

So, if the Tour is your first and essentially only choice, I'm not sure what opinions we could give that would matter much.  Nobody here has cited any show-stopper issues with Winnebago or the Tour model, so there appears to be no reason to not buy it.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Lawrence: Are you saying the Tour is the only new coach in that class (which the RV market calls "near-luxury") that is readily available for purchase in your area and meets your purchase criteria?  You seem to have already considered, and rejected, alternative brands and used coaches. That's entirely up to you, of course, and there is no need for you to justify it to anyone else.

So, if the Tour is your first and essentially only choice, I'm not sure what opinions we could give that would matter much.  Nobody here has cited any show-stopper issues with Winnebago or the Tour model, so there appears to be no reason to not buy it.
Thanks Gary for your comments. There are lots of new coaches in out area of this quality. It is just that this one caught my eye. Seems there was a lot of staging in the showroom. I hope to test drive this unit in the near future.
Because I am not well versed on systems like power trains and such. I thought I might have gotten some feed back from the more knowledgeable on this site.

It is not a done deal,but a possibility!

Lawrence, that is a beauty....it is an opportunity cost: you may be able to negotiate the cost of the trip into the selling

price.  ;D

Good luck
Dan

Lawrence M said:
Because I am not well versed on systems like power trains and such. I thought I might have gotten some feed back from the more knowledgeable on this site.

If it's feedback on power trains you were looking for, IMO the Tour with a Cummins ISL engine and a real compression brake (according to the specs) has a far better drive train than many other MHs being sold today that boast about >300HP but use the much smaller ISB engine with far less torque.  It's a lot cheaper for the manufacturer to use the smaller engine and tune it to provide a reasonable amount of horsepower, but nothing beats having a lot of torque!  And, yes, exhaust brakes are better than nothing at all, but an engine compression brake is the ultimate in being able to control your rig coming down steep mountain grades.

Part of the reason the Tour is priced where it is is due to the choice of drive train.  IMHO it's a lot better to put your money there than in the "floss" that some other brands offer in lieu of the larger engine. 

Woody's Rv In RedDeer is great to deal with, they will get you the coach that you want, in the price range that you want, they go over the coach with you, inside and out, until you know how every thing works. there service is second to no one. if the sales guy dose'nt know something, ask for Mike the sales manager. They there to make you happy with your choice. Ask lots questions, even if you think its a dum one.
Good Luck with the hunt.
Lorn

not trying to bash Winnie, but the powertrain is the only thing about ours that has been almost bullet proof, the rest....not so much. I would have to go with something else now after owning one. jm2c

Back
Top Bottom