"Mama said there'll be days like this...."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TravlinOn

Some days.  Have you ever noticed that on some days every task seems to be just plain easy - meaning that from start to finish, no unforeseen problems, no hassles, everything including the plan works! And that's all day long!

But then, some days.  Almost nothing goes right.  Parts don't line up, critical steps in the planned task are forgotten, can't find the correct tool, on and on.

I really don't believe the writers of horoscopes - what do they know?  But on the other hand, some days ....

What do you think?

There used to be a cartoonist who drew what was often a single panel cartoon called HORRORSCOPE (note the spelling)

Now that one, sadly, was all too often dead on.    You see, it was based on the old joke serries:
You know it is going to be a bad day when____________"

And the cartoons were what filled in the blank
(you get to work and there is a 60 Mintues news team waiting)
(You go to find the cloths you wore home from the party last night...... and there are none)
(NOTE, only one of those was used for the cartoon but you get the idea).

:) Thanks.

What got me started was reading someone's posting elsewhere last Summer that for him, born in August therefore Leo, some planets were supposedly lining up sufficiently to cause "mechanical problems" for Leo's over the next month or two.  HaHa sure right, I thought.

Then, within a week, a brake pad spring on my trailer (at the time) broke and had to be replaced.  Then, a couple of weeks later, at my house, the drainage pipe inside my washing machine sprang a leak.  Possibly more, but who keeps records?

Hmmm.

I had all three of our vehicles starter motors go south on me a couple weeks ago. i turned 60 a few days later?

Bill

Everything was planned in advance. We were packed and ready to roll out on our first multi week road trip. As we were loading the TT, I found the slide out wasn't sliding out !!

4 hours and $86 in the cuss jar we were on the road.

What stupid ****** routes the wiring harness directly over the tire ????

The wire had more than enough slack to make a new path around the tire and is now shielded with part of an old street sign.

^ Same guy who cut the harness under the slide about an inch too short, so the wires pulled about after a few times.

driftless shifter said:
I had all three of our vehicles starter motors go south on me a couple weeks ago. i turned 60 a few days later?

Bill

So your starter is slowing down too, huh? ;D

I pulled my washing machine out of the motorhome to open it up on the picnic table to find out why I found a tablespoon of water under it after I washed that morning.

My friend and I could find nothing wrong and it was determined  that I "over reacted" and probably spilled the water while doing something else since *ahem* spilled wine had been found on the bedroom side table. Now what spilled wine on the table and water under the washer have to do with each other I don't know, but the washer is in my bedroom if that is any consolation.

Well the next day I did my morning wash and the washer peed all over the floor while filling up but I caught if before it started on the third gallon...

Complete chaos while I tried to corral the water with a rubber broom that has a flip side squeegee and 17 microfiber rags plus 1 waterfall down the front steps...

Now we were on the phone to the toll free number stuck on the washer and a live guy comes on 20 seconds later. I was stuttering, I was in such shock. While my friend was trying to read off the serial number to me to give him on the phone he suddenly yells, he found the problem! The outlet hose had split.

Well, duh, why didn't we see that the day before? Yet surely it would had spilled more than just a tablespoon. Maybe I was psychic and just didn't get it right?

Mama said there'll be days like this...

92GA said:
So your starter is slowing down too, huh? ;D

You suggesting something? Not a one if them slowed down, One went clicky, one went grindy and the other just quit and went silent. Don't know if there is a startialis or startiagra available. maybe a standrogel or something. ;)

Bill

:eek: :eek: just so long as your bodies starter don't give out in the morning; it will be a great day!  ;D  Really; my starter (heart) gave out about 4:20 AM march 30th 2012 and I now have 3 stents and four heart meds keeping the blockage (pipes) open!!  8) 8)

DearMissMermaid said:
Sun spots killed your starters, they've been known to kill electronics.

Hadn't thought of that, I was thinking one was just old and wore out, the other two were cheap ass, rebuilt lifetime warranty ones, from a place that rhymes with Autobone. Those last two or three years and a new one is free. Brand new now a days can cost a few hundred dollars. Most cars are easy to do except the occasional front wheel drive that tucks it up between the engine and firewall.

Bill

DearMissMermaid said:
Sun spots killed your starters, they've been known to kill electronics.

Hi Miss Mermaid and driftless shifter,

Can't be sun spots as those are down right now. Has to be some other source.  :)

Attachments

• SunSpots.jpg
    SunSpots.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 11
My Motto: expect the worse, hope for the best, and settle for whatever comes in between.
I keep telling the DW that it is no use to worry about what has happened as you cannot change it.

However I do not go by Murphy's law, I go by Schwartz's law, Schwartz says " Murphy is an optimist "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom