How to tow a 2007 F150? What do I need? Can I tow it four flat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amen

Also..what to use for a braking system? Will a Brake Buddy Vantage work? I can get one at a good price. And tow bar (if it can be towed 4 flat)?

Thanx!

Need more info... 2WD or 4WD?  Auto?

Best bet is to go to      http://www.remcoindustries.com/Towing/      and input your vehicle.  It will tell you if it is towable 4 down and what is needed.  While they sell all the accessories, there is no requirement to do so.  They are a great information source and sell a quality product.

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1. Click "Profile" button towards the top of the screen.

2. Scroll down a ways and select "Modify Profile"

3. Select Forum Profile

4. Fill it out and click on "Change profile. 

I use a built in braking system...U.S. Gear.

Basically, the 4WD F150 can be towed 4-down without modification, but the 2WD version would need a drive shaft disconnect added for that.

Any brake system would work, so Yes the Vantage would do the job. And any of the major brand tow bars from Blue Ox, Roadmaster, or Demco or NSA (The Ready Brute brand).

My F150 (Lincoln Mark LT) has a dial and not a knob to switch between 4 wheel positions. Electronic select on the fly.

SO here is what I do to tow the Lincoln Truck...totally disconnect the front drive shaft (I'll replace it if I need the 4wd otherwise it will stay in the 2wd) and unbolt the rear on the rear driveshaft ...tie it up underneath so it doesn't drag hang down... I'll eventually get the quick disconnect put on the driveshaft by Drive Shaft Kings in Dallas. Turn the key to the on position to unlock the steering wheel and keep in unlocked...then put shifter in neutral.  All this allows me to tow 4 flat.

I use the drive shaft disconnect on a 2013 f150 works grate and i use the ready brake. Bought the parts and had a local shop install it and saved money.

Back
Top Bottom