'05 Voyage - outside radio with very low volume

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joejh52

I have a 2005 Voyage that we purchased a few months ago. The previous owner replaced the outside radio. The volume is barely audible. This is for both the radio and CD player. I am trying to look for a ground problem but the radio seems to to wired correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks

I double this is a typical power grounding problem since speakers are often isolated ground these days, and unless morons out it together should have twin lead speaker wire from the radio. Are you sure that the front/ rear balance control isn't onto the rear (non-existing) speakers? It's also possible they didn't wire up the "return" wires to the radio and instead wired Right Front/ Right Rear, Left Front/ Left Rear rather than the return. Wouldn't be the first time....

joejh52 said:
I have a 2005 Voyage that we purchased a few months ago. The previous owner replaced the outside radio. The volume is barely audible. This is for both the radio and CD player.
Thanks

Just a comment from a potential future neighbor....leave it the way it is. :)  :)

One other possibility, some of the stereos I have owned have a button labeled "ATT" for attenuator.  I have no idea what the purpose of the attenuator or its button is, but I know if I push the button the volume becomes very soft.

(And I also agree with Bruce.  The only time I've used my outside radio is when I'm working on my coach at my house; I've never used it in a campground with neighbors around.)

I I remember using our outside radio one time, let's see, it was 2006 and we were at Eagle's Rest RV Park in Valdez, AK.  I'm not sure if it still works or not  :p

I just use a little boom box on low volume. If I wanna rock, I go inside, and I respect quiet time. Not had any complaints yet. Only complaint I've ever had was for a smokey campfire, I more or less ignored that because a CAMP FIRE does that.

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom