What a strange reason for divorce - NOT MINE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill N

My son met his second to be wife about 10 years ago.  The married 5 years ago and we thought this was the perfect marriage in respect to that gold digger he had for his first wife.  Marriage #2 was truly a success, 2nd marriage for both and they met when the lady was separated from her husband and just a couple of weeks from a final divorce. 

Unknown to my son was that the woman's three daughters blamed Mike (my son) for causing the divorce but he never even knew the woman until she had been separated a couple of months.  I thought it strange that none of the daughters attended their mother's wedding but all three lived either in the same town as the wedding or very close by.  My wife and I flew 1900 miles for the wedding.  Every year for the past 4 years Mike and Marie have come to visit in September and we take them to many of the attractions in the area and to Branson shows.  We always thought the best of this lady and thought it was a match made in heaven.

So, two days before Mike's 50th birthday in February, Marie tells him she wants a divorce because her three daughters have gotten together and announced that they will never come to Marie's house unless she divorces Mike.  And they will never bring their children (her grandchildren) to visit either. Mike is stunned and asks her if he is a bad husband.  She tells him no, he is the best husband ever.  She tells him she had this planned since last October but since her parents were going on a vacation to Hawaii in December and Mike would have to take care of all their farm animals while they were gone, she decided to hold off. WOW.

To make a long story short, Marie's grandmother, brother and parents have practically disowned her and asked Mike to stay in the area because they really think the world of him and hope she will change her mind.  Mike tells them that he could never trust her again and feels like he was just a piece of trash to be thrown away.

Mike rented a UHaul and a car dolly and moved out on Feb 17th and arrive here in Missouri on Feb 20th.  He is staying with us but since he has experience as an sound technician in entertainment centers all around the country including Disney Orlando, Miami, Pensacola, and several others, he will look over this area for a job in that field.  So, yesterday he drives to Branson for a job fair but finds he is one day early so he starts hitting all the theaters in Branson to see if anyone is looking for a sound person.  He finds an old friend in the industry who is itching to go to the same type job in Philly and gives Mike a heads up on a job opening right there at a major theater which will be full time and have a very nice salary.  It is the old friends job but the company has many venues around the country including the one in Philly so he took one look at Mikes resume and immediately recommended him to the boss in Branson. Looking good and Mike is going back down today to meet the boss and check on some other theaters there.  Wish him luck and sorry to put so long a story on the old shade tree.

Bill

This is the reason I stopped dating women with children. I found out that no matter how much a woman loves you that you will always come in second place to her kids.

My suspicion is the daughters will find a reason to dislike the next man, and the next and so on. Your son is better off now than he was before.
RichH

Had she explained back when it MIGHT have made a difference.  But that's not unlike a woman I'm seeing (publically that is) She is not exactly a girlfriend and for assorted reasons we have agreed she will not be. But she is a very very good friend who's company I enjoy over the occasional omelet at Waffle House.  (mostly, few other meals as well).

She has a daughter who will not talk to her due to the actions of an ex husband.... Long story. She divorced the jerk before it came to light. but still. Daughter blames here for what her Ex did... (Which by the way was criminal but I'll not discuss it farther).

Daughter seems to feel her mother should have known.
I'm trained to watch out for it, Certificate and everything, And I am not sure I would have known.

(Criminals can be very good at hiding their actions is what I'm saying).

Of course,,  Something to consider..

At one time for many people there was a Marriage penality in the tax laws, that is Divorced, filing seperately, you paid less tax.. Many couples would divorce long about Christmas, Son on Dec/31 and Jan-1 they were "Single" (Divorced) then get married again a few days after the new year.

And just think, that animal is running around the countryside doing the same thing to other woman or young innocent girls. He should have been locked up. Period.

There is usually a lot more to a story than gets repeated. No matter, life goes on. Having been around the horn a few times, all I can say is that there is always another possible relationship out there.  You just have to look.

Some children, regardless of age, will never accept the step-parent and many will never acknowledge
it. That is not unusual. I know from first hand experience.

What I find strange is that the wife is following the will of the child. She is ruining her life too.

He is better off without her, she will continue to let those selfish spoiled brats control her life. A friend had his marriage break up in a similar manner, she wouldn't cut the apron strings. Her kids ended up in failed relationships because like mom, they had never grown up.
Maybe Mike needs to step back and examine why he is attracted to these emotional train wrecks.

So far this has been an "all-male" discussion.......so here goes for my opinion. After been widowed with three children for several years, I met a remarkable man and married him. But before that happened, I explained to him that my children are important, as well as my youngest was still living at home. He met all the children and they all liked him. He never had children of his own and we were all pleasantly surprised how well he connected to all of them, specially my youngest. He helped me raise her and weather some heavy times. In fact she loves him dearly and even calls him Dad. All the children as well as grandchildren are very a attached to Chuck and happy for me, to have such a wonderful person in my life.

Personally I think that a lot of attitude in the end, stems from the parents and their outlook. As one of the members here noted, there is always more to the story. And this is mine and I am sticking to it! ;)

legrandnormand said:
Is this a RV forum or what ?

Sorry Norman but I had a need  to vent and this is one of the few groups that I belong to  that has a 'Shade Tree' section which is pretty much open to  that type vent.  If it helps, when Mike finds a job in Branson, he will live in our RV until he gets a decent apartment.  Next time you really don't have to read posts that seem to be non-RV.

mariekie4 said:
  As one of the members here noted, there is always more to the story. And this is mine and I am sticking to it! ;)

Glad you had a good result Marie but there is nothing more to this story.  Marie (Mike's wife) was/is a wonderful gal but she flat caved in to pressure from three (actually one was the leader of  the pack) daughters who saw fit to blame somebody  that had nothing to do with her previous divorce.  Even her own parents and kinfolk are very perturbed with her.  They truly liked Mike and can't believe the reason for the divorce.  It does turn out that they have always thought the daughters dominated their mother for years so  I guess that is the rest of the story.

Bill N said:
Sorry Norman but I had a need  to vent and this is one of the few groups that I belong to  that has a 'Shade Tree' section which is pretty much open to  that type vent.  If it helps, when Mike finds a job in Branson, he will live in our RV until he gets a decent apartment.  Next time you really don't have to read posts that seem to be non-RV.

Sorry guys, I never tought that a forum like this RV Forum would be like an open Facebook.

I think that one of the best things about this forum is that the members are generally supportive of each other.  We have often shared stories about our health, jobs, good times and bad times.

The technical advice given here is a major plus, However for many of us there is a also a social support element that is especially appreciated amoung us wanderers that often see this forum as a group of friends.

This is not Facebook or a dating site, but it does provide a link and a connection for many of us.

As was mentioned above, if it bothers you just skip that post. 

I for one am thankful for this forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom