What a strange reason for divorce - NOT MINE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I find strange is that the wife is following the will of the child. She is ruining her life too.

What's truly sad about this situation is that the daughters are so bent on controlling their mother that they resort to threatening her by not letting her see her grandchildren.  What a sad commentary on their respective lives - controlling children and a submissive mother.  Can't imagine what the next generation will be like!  Children learn from their parents, both the good traits and the bad traits.

ArdraF

HueyPilotVN said:
I think that one of the best things about this forum is that the members are generally supportive of each other.  We have often shared stories about our health, jobs, good times and bad times.

The technical advice given here is a major plus, However for many of us there is a also a social support element that is especially appreciated amoung us wanderers that often see this forum as a group of friends.

This is not Facebook or a dating site, but it does provide a link and a connection for many of us.

As was mentioned above, if it bothers you just skip that post. 

I for one am thankful for this forum.

Thanks so much Bill.  You put it into words much better than I could.  I guess I resorted to the RV Forum because I am a member here, own an RV, and don't mind seeing discussions of things that don't contain references to bolts, nuts and diesels.  We are humans and, as such, are fallible to human foilbles.  Sometimes we find that we have problems that are not really peculiar to us and it helps to discuss them with others with whom we have things in common (RVs).

I am also thankful for this forum.  I don't do any social media sites but I do feel comfortable discussing things such as this topic here (in the Shade Tree).  A good day to all.

oldme said:
What I find strange is that the wife is following the will of the child. She is ruining her life too.

Believe it or not, your words are almost exactly what her parents and brother told her.  Her dear old 88 year old grandmother will not even speak to her but I hope that ends soon as her family has to heal too.

Maybe those that don't like what they see should refrain from visiting the "The Shade Tree"  part of the forum. I'm sure glad that we can have an open discussion.

Bill, well said!  What makes this group so good is that it really is the "Friendliest" as will be noted by strings such as this, or the many Rallies or Mini-Rallies that occur frequently, or even the Virtual Campfire that occurs every Wednesday.  Yes we all get help with the technical things, but we get support as well for all that ails us.

Ed

ArdraF said:
What's truly sad about this situation is that the daughters are so bent on controlling their mother that they resort to threatening her by not letting her see her grandchildren.  What a sad commentary on their respective lives - controlling children and a submissive mother.  Can't imagine what the next generation will be like!  Children learn from their parents, both the good traits and the bad traits.

ArdraF

Hi Ardra and all,

There are actually legal steps that people can take to see their grandchildren if their children are so childish to try to prevent interaction. While it would be a hassle it might show her kids that they have no right to prevent their Mom from seeing her grandkids. Some things in life are so sad.

HueyPilotVN said:
I think that one of the best things about this forum is that the members are generally supportive of each other.  We have often shared stories about our health, jobs, good times and bad times.

The technical advice given here is a major plus, However for many of us there is a also a social support element that is especially appreciated amoung us wanderers that often see this forum as a group of friends.

This is not Facebook or a dating site, but it does provide a link and a connection for many of us.

As was mentioned above, if it bothers you just skip that post. 

I for one am thankful for this forum.

Perfect then, I said I was sorry and I won't interfer in these type of personnal subjects.

This is kind of an extension of talk around the campfire. When perfect strangers meet around a campfire it is amazing the connections that are made and how it can help people feel better.

Final Update:  Since I started the thread I will give a short final update.  Today is two months from the day Mike arrived in Missouri with his U-Haul.  He made numerous job applications and left dozens of resumes and did quickly pick up some part time work in Branson working in theaters and amusement parks.  He had one reply from the manager of a major Branson theater that indicated she was looking for a full time production manager but that she had to decide whether to fire her current production manager.  She met Mike at a restaurant for a private interview - did not want the current PM to know she was looking  - and seemed to come away quite impressed but not sure she could meet salary requirements because 'you came from the west coast and things are cheaper here' LOL. 

On April 11, she notified him he was hired full time at a very nice salary with 4 weeks vacation, sick pay, health care coverage (full) and a smart phone paid by the company.  Mike has 30 years experience in sound tech and production at venues across the country including some big names.  He moves to his new apartment Monday and loves the job dealing with several performers and the theater crew. He says he is very lucky to get a full time job as Branson is a part-time town due to the seasonal aspect of the entertainment venues.  Some musicians there play two or even three gigs a day or week and draw unemployment in the winter.

His in-laws still contact him and talk/text and his soon to be ex has even called to see how he is doing (Quite well no thanks to you).  So all is well that ends well but the reason for this divorce is still something I consider very unusual.  Thanks for all the supportive comments on this forum.  Today we are off to see our first free show at his theater. LOL

It can be done successfully.^^^^ I took on two adolescent girls, they love me as family. They are grown and successful. Their bio dad was too harsh with no compassion, they have a somewhat testy relationship with him. Never met the guy.

Bill

I agree, my ex girl friend has three now adult children that I still have contact with. She is another story we won't go into.  ::) Blended families do present their own challenges, they take a lot of extra time and work but can be very rewarding if both parties go in with their eyes open.

I am so glad your son had a job he enjoys and is getting his life back on track.  It is good that he is close by for the emotional support you can supply.  It reads as though emotional blackmail is the name of the game for his ex and her children.  How sad that loving their mom and being supportive of her choice isn't.  I have seen many blended families that are successful and loving, and many that just couldn't or didn't want to find their places in the new family making everyone miserable.  I am so sorry for hurt that all of you are going through.  Take care.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom