Defense Mobile Cell service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eliallen

Any one have any info/opinions  on this?
https://www.defensemobile.com/

The first question you need to ask is..... whos cell towers do they use?
Verizon or AT&T best
Any others usually a distant second as far as service are concerned.

donn said:
The first question you need to ask is..... whos cell towers do they use?
Verizon or AT&T best
Any others usually a distant second as far as service are concerned.
I checked my Tracfone/Verizon Android phone on their site, and they claim it's compatible. Their coverage page includes maps for AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon.

They appear to be another cell-service re-seller (MVNO) like TracPhone, Boost Mobile, and many others.

Compare prices to the other service re-sellers. Make your decision from that.

Here's a pretty comprehensive list of the MVNO's in the USA:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

Howdy,

Interesting, the wikipedia link above lists them as using both AT&T and Verizon (and Sprint). While the first two are acknowledged as the best cell carriers in  the US, AFAIK most phones will work either with one or the other (ie, they have either GSM or CDMA electronics).

I'm curious about the details of exactly how it would work (ie, would they require/recommend you to have a "dual" CDMA/GSM phone, or provide two SIMs for you to install on two different phones, etc).

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Never heard of them either, Their name came up at our afternoon coffee. Thanks for the replies.

VallAndMo said:
Howdy,

Interesting, the wikipedia link above lists them as using both AT&T and Verizon (and Sprint). While the first two are acknowledged as the best cell carriers in  the US, AFAIK most phones will work either with one or the other (ie, they have either GSM or CDMA electronics).

I'm curious about the details of exactly how it would work (ie, would they require/recommend you to have a "dual" CDMA/GSM phone, or provide two SIMs for you to install on two different phones, etc).

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

I suspect that means they will work with CDMA or GSM phones, giving folks with phones from a variety of carriers the option. (not 100% sure on that however)

Looks like they use AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint for their networks...

Defense Mobile provides services using a variety of network technologies, including CDMA, 3G GSM and high speed 4G LTE. We have partnered with the nations largest, fastest and most reliable carriers to ensure we provide tremendous coverage and network reliability for our members.

Our GSM (A) network uses the nation's largest GSM network
Our CDMA (V) network uses the nation's largest CDMA network
We also use the nationwide 3G and 4G Sprint network

Just like Tracfone, which carriers towers you end up on depends on which phone you have. I don't know about Defense specifically, but most MVNO's do not have access to the primary carrier's roaming partners. That can make a significant difference in the available coverage in some areas, particularly with Sprint enabled phones.

Hi Dutch,
NY_Dutch said:
Just like Tracfone, which carriers towers you end up on depends on which phone you have.

I wonder whether one would have automatic access to both AT&T and Verizon by subscribing to Defense Mobile and placing their SIMCard in a dual-electronics (ie, both CDMA and GSM) phone... *that* would be interesting.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Back
Top Bottom