Valve to drain water from kitchen to change faucet? Forest River Lexington 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tosi

OK, so my renovations are nearly complete.  Last thing is to swap out the kitchen faucet for a taller neck, etc.  I've changed faucets before, but never where I can't see a shut off valve for the water.  I shut off the water pump...but where's the valve to drain or shut water off? 
Thanks! 

Typically you won't find any shut offs like you would in a house. All you need to do is shut off the pump or the shore power hose and open the low point drains. then open your faucet and the water will drain out of it. Just leave the drains open for a 15 to 20 seconds. Just enough so the water drains out of the faucet. You don't want to drain your water heater.

Pump off. Faucet open. Low point drain open. Low point drain may be in the wet bay.

Ok.  Faucet is off with only a bit of water dripping.  Problem is the new faucet doesn't have the same fittings!  I'm off to Lowe's to see if they have an adapter fitting.  Darn!  So close! 
Thanks for replying!
Tosi

Tosi, make sure when you pressurize the water system again that you vent all the air out of the system so there's no chance of burning up the electric heating element in your water heater and that's if you have a element.

That should not be a problem as there is no need to drain the tank. It would not be any different than hooking up at the camp ground.

RoyM said:
That should not be a problem as there is no need to drain the tank. It would not be any different than hooking up at the camp ground.
\

You are correct as long as he didn't leave the low point drains open for the entire time he was working on the faucet and inadvertently drain the entire system then you could end up with a tank with a lot of air in it. Why take the chance. Just vent while filling

Thank you every one.  Got it done and LOVE my new faucet.  So much better than that short stubby one.  Next is the shower head.  Awful!  And that hose...so inflexible.  There's has to be a better way.  Any hints?

Thank you!
Tosi

tosi said:
Thank you every one.  Got it done and LOVE my new faucet.  So much better than that short stubby one.  Next is the shower head.  Awful!  And that hose...so inflexible.  There's has to be a better way.  Any hints?

Thank you!
Tosi

Take a look at Oxygenics shower head. I also changed out the two valve control for a single lever mixer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom