Automatic levelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cpmareno

I have a 2007 Hurricane with an Equalizer leveling system. When unit is turned on it starts randomly beeping and one leveler auto extends. The only way to stop it is to press power button. The only way to retract is press the manual button as soon as the unit is turned on. The other three will not operate at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like a flaky controller board or maybe a shorted wiring harness. It should not start leveling until you push the Auto button. I think I would start by contacting Equalizer Tech Support to see if they have any suggestions. If you can get at the control panel and wiring easily, I would give that a visual inpsection too.

http://equalizersystems.com/need-technical-assistance-this-is-the-place/

Tried tech support 3 times with no response. I don't know whether to replace the keypad or the controller. They both are expensive so I hate to pick the wrong one. Is there any way to test them?

Try unplugging any wire harnesses and plugging them back in a few times, including any on the controller and keypad. Sometimes all that's needed is to clean a bit of corrosion off the connections. If that corrects the problem, pick up a can of contact cleaner spray at Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc., and give them a good cleaning that will last awhile.

Mine is a Power Gear. I had a problem just this past weekend with mine. They started retracting then stopped, and wouldn't do anything. I pushed all the buttons, the only thing I could get it to do was power on or off, nothing else.
I googled a troubleshooting guide for it. Found the symptom on the "flow chart".

What it said to do was to power it on, press all four diamond buttons (front, rear, left, right) at the same time. I did just that, it reset itself, I got a green light in the center of the pad, & it's worked fine since.

Hope this helps.

Have you used this document to help troubleshoot?
http://equalizersystems.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/01/Basic_Trouble_Shooting_Auto-Level.pdf

The problem is more likely the controller - the pad is just a set of buttons. The harness between the pad and the controller is the most likely place for a wiring fault or connector problem.

Sorry to hear they have not been helpful.  You filled out the Equalizer Service Request 3 times but nobody contacted you? Or you called and left a message but no callback?  They used to have excellent tech support, but maybe they have cut back to save some bucks?

Gary RV Roamer said:
Have you used this document to help troubleshoot?
http://equalizersystems.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/01/Basic_Trouble_Shooting_Auto-Level.pdf

The problem is more likely the controller - the pad is just a set of buttons. The harness between the pad and the controller is the most likely place for a wiring fault or connector problem.

Sorry to hear they have not been helpful.  You filled out the Equalizer Service Request 3 times but nobody contacted you? Or you called and left a message but no callback?  They used to have excellent tech support, but maybe they have cut back to save some bucks?

Glad to see you're on this forum also Gary.
I enjoy reading some of your responses to questions......and asking a few myself.
Since getting banned from irv2 last week, I atleast get to spend more time here, and a couple other sites as well.  :)

Mine also  is a Power Gear.I had in the Shop last year for this same problem.
The technician reset the system and gave Me the reset instructions .
He tole me a " SENSOR" was the problem if I have that problem again reset the Controller .
To date I only had to reset one time I keep the info on the Dash.

Will you share the reset instructions he gave you? Pushing the on and off button 2x did not work for me.

We are trying to reset level in our 2006 Allegro class A.  We followed the instructions to set manually but the board would not respond as indicated in the instructions.  says turn unit offthen  press ext 5 x's, ret 5 X's.... the unit will respond by blinking all LEDs slowly.  We got No lights at all.  (Does it make sense that if you turn the unit off it would still blink?) Then press all 3 X's, then turn the unit back on and retract all..

Wendy Lou said:
We are trying to reset level in our 2006 Allegro class A.  We followed the instructions to set manually but the board would not respond as indicated in the instructions.  says turn unit offthen  press ext 5 x's, ret 5 X's.... the unit will respond by blinking all LEDs slowly.  We got No lights at all.  (Does it make sense that if you turn the unit off it would still blink?) Then press all 3 X's, then turn the unit back on and retract all..

Wendy, do you have the Atwood system referred to by the original poster? Your instructions look very similar to the Quadra Bigfoot zeroing instructions.

NY_Dutch said:
Wendy, do you have the Atwood system referred to by the original poster? Your instructions look very similar to the Quadra Bigfoot zeroing instructions.
We have an atwood levelegs . 

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Sorry to hear that. A problematic design, to be sure.

Quite a lot has been written here and elsewhere on Levelegs problems.
https://bobsguides.com/electric-jacks-troubleshooting.html
Thank you!  This may come in handy someday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom