How many cylinders do you own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeaverCrap

I've done this on other forums and it always seems to be fun and interesting...

How many cylinders do you own? As in, add up the cylinders from every combustion engine you own... this may include cars, trucks, RVs, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, dirt bikes, mopeds, lawn mowers, snow blowers, generators, gas golf carts, log splitters, chainsaws, heavy equipment, etc etc....

I'll start....

Truck - 8
Car - 5 
SUV 1 - 6
SUV 2 - 4
Generator - 1
Snow Blower - 1
Lawn Mower - 1
Chain Saw - 1

TOTAL - 27 cylinders

If you have to present a problem like this, I don't think you are operating on all your cylinders !!!!

Jack L

BC, you need more cylinders. ;D

I've done this exercise before, but it's been a while.  A radio host I used to listen to refers to it as your "cylinder index".  Let's see:

RV:  6 + 3 (almost forgot to count the generator)
"Modern" cars:  22
"Vintage" cars:  12
Lawn mower and string trimmers:  3
Snow blower:  1
Boats:  10
Old Vespa: 1
Model Aircraft engines:  5ish  (the counting of model engines is hotly debated, but I figure if it burns alcohol & nitromethane, count it)

Total:  63
Left out a few items that I own jointly with my brothers, but didn't figure I should count fractional cylinders.

Edit:  Forgot the snow blower first time through.

Tahoe-8
Jeep-8
deuce and a half 6+1
stepvan-8
2 airboats-16
backhoe-8
RV-6+3
mowers, mule-11
chainsaws, trimmers,pump-7
pontoon-3
51 PU-8
harleys-8
spare engines running-20
welders-8
messerschmitt-1

sorry for listing them separate but that
is the only way I could keep track

thankfully NO snowblowers

I think that is 130
not counting spare engine blocks or aircompressors

Motor home 8, Generator is 1 or 2 (not sure) Car is 4,  But pill bottles are also cylinders, as are spray cans and food cans and oatmeal boxes and cups and I have long since lost count of all of those.  Even my Deep fryer is a cylinder.  Coffee cans (Some of them) Wyler's drink mix containers.  Oh, and rolls of Toilet paper (Also paper towels) So as you can see the count is very large indeed.

catblaster said:
Tahoe-8
Jeep-8
deuce and a half 6+1
stepvan-8
2 airboats-16
backhoe-8
RV-6+3
mowers, mule-11
chainsaws, trimmers,pump-7
pontoon-3
51 PU-8
harleys-8
spare engines running-20
welders-8
messerschmitt-1

sorry for listing them separate but that
is the only way I could keep track

thankfully NO snowblowers

I think that is 130
not counting spare engine blocks or aircompressors

Will, did you get all of them on your backhoe? Did you get the engine,  outriggers, front bucket, all the rams on the boom for the hoe?

lol - yes, have done this on the John Deere forum I belong to - I rank at a mere 32:

Cars: 26 (8, 6, 4, 4, 4)
Lawn tractor: 2
Lawn mower: 1
Snow blower: 1
Chain saw: 1
Weed wacker: 1

Geez I'm a lightweight compared to some of the numbers here!  ;)

Daily driver SUV: 6
Tow vehicle SUV: 8
Classic car: 8
Lawn Tractor: 1
Push mower: 1
Snowblower: 1
Home generator: 1

So a total of 26 for me.  My current power washer and weed whacker are electric, those come and go.

Rene T said:
Will, did you get all of them on your backhoe? Did you get the engine,  outriggers, front bucket, all the rams on the boom for the hoe?

missed those, only counted the ones that run on fuel.......hydraulic cylinders add 18...RV-4, backhoe-11, boom truck-2 logsplitter-1

and I missed 2 generators-3

Gee, I'm nowhere close to most in this thread:
Tow vehicle: 10
SUV: 6
Car: 4

Got rid of the snow blower, tiller, trimmer, mower/tractor, chain saw etc. years ago and with great relish.
Never owned a boat.
Sold the airplane (4 cylinders) a few years back. That one I do miss on occasion, but they're easy to rent.

Rene T said:
BC, Did you intend for this to be just combustion cylinders which burns gas or diesel fuel or any cylinders?

OP did mention "cylinders from every combustion engine you own". Didn't say they had to be in operational condition.
I'm thinking pill bottles and hydraulic cylinders don't count.
But I could be wrong.

denmarc said:
OP did mention "cylinders from every combustion engine you own".
But I could be wrong.

That's why I was asking.

Thankfully...not nearly as many as some of youse...

Expedition-8
Pickup-6
Motorhome-8+1 (generator)
Lawnmower-1

(I really need to get rid of that lawnmower...it takes up too much room in the garage...and I haven't used it in over 3 years)  ;D

denmarc said:
OP did mention "cylinders from every combustion engine you own". Didn't say they had to be in operational condition.
But I could be wrong.

When this comes up among my friends we only count combustion engines and only the ones that are capable of running. that why I didnt count spare engine blocks or ones waiting for rebuild....Our claim is that you have to have one cylinder for each year of your life..mine are so many I have to take out a loan just to replace the batteries in them and this is one of the reasons I could never full time.

Here I go...

driving vehicles-24
lawn mowers-2
weed whacker-1
chainsaw-1
leaf blower-1
gennys-2
atv-1

I'm guessing I didn't win a t-shirt.  :p

catblaster said:
When this comes up among my friends we only count combustion engines and only the ones that are capable of running. that why I didnt count spare engine blocks or ones waiting for rebuild....Our claim is that you have to have one cylinder for each year of your life..mine are so many I have to take out a loan just to replace the batteries in them and this is one of the reasons I could never full time.

You're 130?  ;) ;D

Rene T said:
BC, Did you intend for this to be just combustion cylinders which burns gas or diesel fuel or any cylinders?

Yes it was intended to be cylinders in a combustion engine but if people want to count up their hydraulics as a side note that's cool too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom