Oshkosh 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
malexander said:
Hahaha, guess that's true. But that was before my time.

Where do y'all stay? We've stayed at Sleepy Hollow Farm since we started going.

When I was there in the RV I stayed in Camp Scholler, the one on the Wittman Field grounds. We had no hookups, but stayed in the "generator allowed" section. When I flew in I camped under the wing of the Bonanza. And one year I flew part way, got weathered in, and drove in with some others, staying in a university dorm in Appleton.

Made it the last three years, but going to miss it in 2016. :'( Going to be heading NorthWest instead.

Is Sleepy Hollow Farm the one up by the ultralight area ... just across the street?  We have been staying in Camp Scholler, usually end up down or around where the road (Stitz ??) splits around the one lone tree.  Our last trip 2 years ago my wife's sister and her husband came out from Vermont ... we were delayed getting there by a few hours so they decided to go in ahead of us.  Told them they could probably find some good spots down around or just past the tree and we would catch up.  Lo and behold drove down the road and just by the split in the road ........ I realized the tree was gone!!!  So much for plan A ... but they did find a good spot and really enjoyed the week.

Howard

Sleepy Hollow Farm is on Waukau Ave, about 1/2 way between the main gate entrance and the curve in the road south of the museum. It's across the street from the SOS beer tent, the huge yellow balloon.
It's a privately owned campground, with some full hu's and everything in between. The Bartels family have become extremely good friends.

I feel the same about the name Airventure....
For some reason I feel like I have to bend my tongue too much for it....
or maybe it's just not as fun to say as oshkosh

I wish I was going, but no plans to this year.

I am hoping to take the MH down to lakeland for Sun n Fun though.... although it seems less and less likely as time nears... just too many family obligations.

March will make 3 months in with my membership to my local Airport Pilot's Association and I will have missed 3 of the monthly meetings.... ugh!  I can't figure out who schedules all this stuff.... they pick the worst days

Have fun up there!

If anyone needs work done on their RV while at the show, we had inverter problems while visiting friends in Edgerton. They diagnosed the problem and installed a new one. Their work was good, reasonable, on time and they took my extended warranty. They are just around the corner from the show. We will be again be visiting friends in Edgerton in July and might wait to have some maintenance work done while up there.

http://www.quents.com/auto-repairs/rv-repair.aspx

TheNewhalls said:
If anyone needs work done on their RV while at the show, we had inverter problems while visiting friends in Edgerton. They diagnosed the problem and installed a new one. Their work was good, reasonable, on time and they took my extended warranty. They are just around the corner from the show. We will be again be visiting friends in Edgerton in July and might wait to have some maintenance work done while up there.

http://www.quents.com/auto-repairs/rv-repair.aspx

Thanks, good info.

Maybe next year we love to go. I went with dad many times over the years as a child and was always surprised how many knew him. Kind of scared flying across Lake Michigan was like almost two hours of water. 180 Cessna usually once V35 faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom