Which toy hauler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sklades

I've been a tent camper my whole life, as years went on the camp grew larger and took longer to set up, now its time to simplify things spending less time setting up and more time enjoying the time off. My wife and I are looking to buy a newer toy hauler large enough to fit a 4 seat rzr, we are looking at the Eclipse 27 Ft bumper pull toy hauler but I'm wondering if its worth paying the price and go with the 28 Ft fifth wheel toy hauler.

Does a fifth wheel tow that much better than a bumper pull with the newer Weight distribution hitches that are available today?

Welcome to the forum!!

As far as the ease of pulling, I think it is a matter of personal preference. I pulled a 36 ft. Avion with a 3/4 ton van and had no problems. Now I have a 36 ft fifth wheel and no problems.

One factor you might consider is the pin weight your pickup can handle.

What ever you decide, I hope you enjoy it.

i doubt that you will find many toy hauler 5th wheels that you can pull with that truck your max cargo capacity is less than 2000lbs just YOU the MRS and the Hitch @250lbs will gobble up that 2000lbs in a hurry most toy hauler 5ers have a pin weight over 2000lbs DRY mine is 2700lbs - chances are you need to stick to a bumper pull and at that your MAX towing is 10,000 thats the trailer, the Razr (1500lbs)and all your supplies

cheers steve

Thanks steveblond, I definitely don't want to push the limits and make everything as easy as possible. I've towed a 27 ft bumper pull plenty of times and know what I'm getting, I'll probably just stick with that.

2001 all Ford F250 have the same tow rating regardless of motor or rear end and only 2 have a cargo capacity over 2000 lbs of those 2 both are regular cabs - sorry ive been doing this way too long lol 8)
Tow vehicle is an  '01 f250 with the 7.3L diesel
ps he said  ;D 

halfwright said:
Welcome to the forum!!

As far as the ease of pulling, I think it is a matter of personal preference. I pulled a 36 ft. Avion with a 3/4 ton van and had no problems. Now I have a 36 ft fifth wheel and no problems.

One factor you might consider is the pin weight your pickup can handle.

What ever you decide, I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks halfwright ?

Check out www.fleet.ford.com and get the straight scoop, I have 2000 f350 7.3 and pull 30' toy hauler no problem 5th wheel are easy to pull and turn round I'll never go back to a bumper.

steveblonde said:
2001 all Ford F250 have the same tow rating regardless of motor or rear end and only 2 have a cargo capacity over 2000 lbs of those 2 both are regular cabs - sorry ive been doing this way too long lol 8)
Tow vehicle is an  '01 f250 with the 7.3L diesel
ps he said  ;D

From 1999-2003.5, the GCWR of the F-250, F-350 srw, and F-350 dually all had the same gross combined weight rating of 20,000 lbs.  Other than different springs, these trucks were all built on the same frame.

The only differences in the SRW trucks between the 250 and 350 was a brake booster and 3" blocks under the rear leaves in the 350.  Other than that, same tires, axles, etc.  The 250 may need a set of airbags to assist it's slightly softer rear springs, but I would treat it as though it had the same 9,900 lb GVWR that the 350 SRW had.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom