1997 Monaco Windsor Air Bags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marauder

Need to replace my 21 year old airbags... Got a part number of 01803892 or Firestone 6905.....

When I go to TruckSpring.com I see there are 2 part numbers...
W01-358-6905 or W01-367-6905.....

Can't find weight info....  I have a 4 bag per axle configuration.

I need help...

Have you tried calling Monaco?  They're usually pretty good about being able to answer questions even with older model coaches.  Have your coach number ready when you call because they access the parts information by that.  Their number in Coburg, Oregon is (541) 686-8011.  It's worth a try!

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Have you tried calling Monaco?  They're usually pretty good about being able to answer questions even with older model coaches.  Have your coach number ready when you call because they access the parts information by that.  Their number in Coburg, Oregon is (541) 686-8011.  It's worth a try!

ArdraF

Called from 2 different phone sources... Says number is not a working number. :-(

They've had so many changes in the last couple of years that it's not surprising.  They're now part of ARG Group.  I have a general number (800) 634-0855, an appointments number (800) 283-0869 and a service number (877) 466-6226.  There's also a parts number (800) 509-3417 or RVParts.ARGRV.com  Maybe one of them will work!  Good luck finding your parts.

ArdraF

I would call tech support at (877) 466-6226 (yes it works). They can find the part number for you and then transfer to parts to order. Usually they will give you the vendor part number and the Monaco park number. With the vendor part number you could order from where ever you want. Order from Monaco is a little more expensive, but you will know you're getting the right part.

ken

ronster said:
search 6905 airbag on google...many sources cost about 100 bucks.

Ya, I have checked. Called a local dealer, can get them in my hand for about 130 each.

Curious on if maybe there is a different model... That may be cheaper? Especially if I'm changing all 8 of them.

The 6905 is a double convoluted spring. My 1997 monaco windsor has a air bag shaped like a little beer keg. SD truck springs does not show one for my rig. Does anybody know the part number for a 1997 Monaco Windsor? or does anybody know if the 6905 is a direct sub?

Monaco was famous for not providing actual part numbers. I had to replace all 4 front air bags this year on my 1997 Monaco Windsor to pass inspection. I did the research. The front air bags have AY-NIT14 molded into the rubber. This number does not correspond to any current part numbers. I removed the bag, and went through this 250-page Firestone Engineering Document to match measurements and hole configurations. The Monaco front bag matches Firestone 1T12CB-1 / W01-358-5391 on page 8. The Firestone bags are expensive. I found a direct sub probably made in China that appears to be as high a quality as the firestone bags and much less expensive.

Plaza Fleet Truck Parts in St. Louis 636-219-1877 (Ron or Kevin) has a direct substitute, Automann AB1DK10A-5319. I put the first one in myself and am having an RV place do the others. Plaza will sell to the public and ship to you, but u have to pay up front.

Air Bag Photo.jpg

The air fitting should also be replaced, they leak as they get older. I'm not sure what to use -- I'm letting the truck place pick the best part.

I do not recommend doing this yourself unless you are an experience mechanic with guts, with proper tools including a big air impact wrench (to remove the bottom bolt). The front tire should be removed. The top bolts are in a tight area difficult to access. You need the right size spanner wrench. You have to PB the hell out the top bolt area, scrape off all the rust to get the spanner wrench to fit snugly on the bolt, and a 28" long persuader big enough to fit over the end of the spanner wrench to get the bolts loose.

For Monaco rear air bags, you will have to remove one bag, get the measurements and hole config, and go through the above Firestone engineering doc to get the Firestone # and Automann number.

Note: These bags were probably used on all other Monacos in late 1990's and perhaps into the 2000's. If your front bag is marked AY-NIT-14, the Firestone/Automann bags will fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom