Ceiling / surround sound speakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pymmint

I am pretty sure the speakers worked when I got the class a a little over 4 years ago, I don't know what happened but I get NO sound from them at all, just from the tv, I have 2 "wires" that are not connected and except for one of them being a coax cable I don't have any idea where and which goes where to "turn on" the speakers.  Any ideas ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    320.8 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 30
2012 Forest River Georgetown, I'm not sure where the speakers are for the radio, I have been using a "portable" XM radio and the aux front setting

Pull one speaker and check the colors of the wires attached to it so you know what you are looking for.

A home or auto stereo could have been used to run the speakers separately from the front end unit in the dash or they could have been tied into the front end unit.

Look around in places that could have held another stereo, you will generally find the holes, left over speaker and power wires if one had been installed elsewhere.

Use a multimeter to check the wires in your photo that have the connector on the end to see if it is low voltage power. If you get no power reading you can use a 9 volt transistor battery across the contacts briefly. If a speaker is attached to that wire you will hear a little pop sound from the speaker.

You can also use the battery trick to check the polarity of speaker wires. Positive to positive will make the speaker cone push outwards, wired backwards will make the speaker cone pull in. You need to be able to see the cone when this is done to see which way it moves.

The speakers NOW work, at least 3 of 5, there may have been other issues that he fixed that may have attributed to the problem, but the owner of the campground where I'm working came over, to get them to work, The solution was to set the DVD player that came with the RV "source" button to Aux IN.

The owner said there were a few cables not connected to the correct places, which might have been due to having to add cable last summer when I could not get a satellite signal, but all the sounds were still coming from the tv speakers, just not the overhead ones, which with changing the DVD player that came with the rv SOURCE selection to AUX IN, they now work . . . .YIPEE ! ! !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom