auxillary dash fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trophy

Any clues as to how to get these 2 fans to operate? they are above the windshield on the ceiling. I have a 2 position switch on the dash. I have checked all fuses. This is a new to me 2003 Damon Intruder 350.

We have the same thing and ours are operated by "rocker" switches.  You push the top of the rocker switch for low or high and push the lower part of the rocker switch down for the other speed, however yours are set up.  I think ours are set for high is on the top and low on the bottom.  As you mentioned there should be 2 rocker switches one for each side fan.  If the fuses are good they should work, or perhaps a wire is loose on the fan itself; but that seems a long shot.

I have a feeling you already know this information.... 8)

Marsha~

yes , thx though, I guess im gonna have to look deeper. just thought I am missing something simple.

trophy said:
Any clues as to how to get these 2 fans to operate? they are above the windshield on the ceiling. I have a 2 position switch on the dash. I have checked all fuses. This is a new to me 2003 Damon Intruder 350.
Did you check both fuse boxes? Both of my Damons only had 1 switch for the fans. I don't know where the fuse is located though, never had to look for it. It may be in the box under the hood as those are part of the coach wiring. My Daybreak has a large black plastic panel covering the box under the hood. If yours has an Intellitec BBC it should be on the lower half of the board.

ok Ive checked 3 fuse panels. 1 under the dash - drivers side. 2 under the hood, found 1 - 5 amp marked extra/solar blown and 1 missing slot marked auxillary start max 5 amps. everything else is fine. can I check relays? how?  Thx for your help or ideas.

X2 on the ignition on, although I did modify ours so they run off the coach battery with the ignition off. On a previous coach, the heater-A/C fan switch also had to be on with the ignition on for them to run. I modified that one too...

Thx for the tips & ideas, I will go out and check some more when it gets a bit warmer out. its supposed to heat up a bit today, at least above freezing!

My fans have toggle switches on the fans themselves.  If they are in the "off" position, the rocker switch doesn't do anything.
Jack Buening

There are two inline fuses under the dash near the diagnostic connector.  One of these feeds the switch, but I do not remember which one.
http://damondiva.blogspot.com/search/label/OBD

The fuses i"m talking about are shown on the left side of the pic.

Attachments

• OBD1[1].JPG
    OBD1[1].JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 17
Thx all, my fans have no switch on their bases. I will have another look for those inline fuses. I will be taking the rig to our local rv tech just to have him go over a couple of things before we head south at the end of the month.
Sacstc - you sure are bringing your motorhome to life. keep up the good work.

Have you removed either of the fans to see if they even work? The problem COULD be that the fans have simply failed...OR, it could be something else...but I'm a "check the simple things first" kind of guy.

Mine only run on the house power. Really annoying. We typically travel with the house off, but if I want the fans, it has to be on. Derp.

Back
Top Bottom