PDA Net+ to connect cellphone to PC to internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerArdra

3/6/2016

If you do not already have a way of connecting your PC to your Cellphone you might look at PDA Net+  It is software only and it cost me a whopping $5.00 some years back and I think today's price is about $7.50.  You hook up your cellphone to your PC using a USB cable and you can connect to the internet BUT you can also set it up as a WiFi Hotspot.  Both work great for me.

http://www.junefabrics.com/

NOTE:  The person that developed this software must have a Fabric company.  Incidentally the software is way over 5 years old and has been through many updates.  In fact I just updated from my very old version 3.0 to Version 4.18.1.

We have great internet connections in the MH and at home but we also use PDA NET+ when we take our laptop on an airplane or carry it over to someone else's MH or house and so forth.  Several times we used it when the internet connection at our house went down for a several hours.  If you have a laptop you could carry it outside your MH and be on the internet using only your cellphone for the connection.

You can set a password and a unique network name so it is probably a little more secure  than a campgrounds public WiFi.

Just a thought folks,

JerryF

Just wanted to say that PDA Net+ is currently only working for Android phones, and can be finicky with which phones it connects to. We used it with an HTC One M8 and a Samsung Galaxy S5, both of which seem to just turn on the phone's hotspot internally rather than using the phone's connection directly.

As in, it doesn't make sense to have the phone generate a hotspot, which PDA Net+ and Connectify use to create a second hotspot.

Just keep an eye on where the data usage is being shown, as it may go under the hotspot instead of general data.

If your on Verizon there is no need to add ons like pda net.  Verizon gives you teathering as part of the cost of your data.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom