Anyone in Tucson seen the planes ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

Peteyboy

Over the last few days, they have been flying out of Davis-Monthan Air Base practicing for an air show next weekend. March 12,13.
It has been amazing to see,,, the new F-35 fighter flying in formation with P-51's, an F-86, P-38 and an F-16 I think.  They have flown right over the RV park we are at, at a pretty low altitude and it just is a fantastic sight to see.  If you are in the area next weekend, you can get on the base and get up close and personal with the planes and pilots.

Yes, those F-35s are awesome! When I stay in Yuma they fly right over the RV resort, you get a free daily airshow:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JcWivfYf5Q

There are a bunch of A-10's at Davis also, and we see those every day.

Peteyboy said:
Over the last few days, they have been flying out of Davis-Monthan Air Base practicing for an air show next weekend. March 12,13.
It has been amazing to see,,, the new F-35 fighter flying in formation with P-51's, an F-86, P-38 and an F-16 I think.  They have flown right over the RV park we are at, at a pretty low altitude and it just is a fantastic sight to see.  If you are in the area next weekend, you can get on the base and get up close and personal with the planes and pilots.

If they had that variety of different aircraft, they were doing certification for Heritage Flights. My son was involved in that procedure back in 2009 &2010 when he was ca crew chief for Viper West demo team. It quite a sight to see.

Peteyboy said:

We will be there Sunday.  Which park are you in.  We are planning Crazy Horse RV Park

We WERE at Tucson Meadows,,, very nice place.  Getting a bit hot for us there now, so it's back to the S & B for a bit here in Pa.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom