1st Trip: Dallas - Las Vegas (via Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafiTX

Hello,

Our 1st RV trip on winnebago chieftain. Any advice for our trip please share.

Thanks
  :D ;D

Welcome to the RV Forum. 

You might want to tell us what you need info/help with so we can better answer your question.  Are you looking for route planning, campground information, time of the year to travel?

Marsha~

rafiTX said:
Hello,

Our 1st RV trip on winnebago chieftain. Any advice for our trip please share.

Thanks
  :D ;D

I'm guessing you have all the time in the world and want to see a few things as you drive along.

So if I were taking this trip i'd try to include a few interesting stops.

First would be Carlsbad Caverns - even without the elevator working it is a great stop - be sure to have a jacket and comfortable shoes, take a good Camera and a Really good Flashlight, while walking look for one of the Rangers to answer questions and possibly give you a short tour.

Next way point would be Window Rock, Capital of the Navajo Nation, just to see it is IMHO, important. from there head over to Canyon de Chelly, Great CG, with good food in the Lodge/Restaurant, and some of the better Native American craft people. Much better quality and a lot less money than the same in Vegas. This one of the really neat spots that we never miss. The tour by the Native Americans is worth the effort and the place is just plain awesome.

Now we head out across the Messas long drive not a lot to see but this is the best way (IMHO) to enter the GC. If you are really up for a little more adventure you could run up to Page and see Lake Powell and the Dam there.

Now because we came in from the East you will see more of the Canyon as you drive into the main Touristy area and you will exit through untraveled roads, from here head to Kingman and up to Boulder City (In the old days you would drive over the dam now the new Bridge is there giving you a great view of the Canyon) From there you will see Sin City on the Horizon.

Hope this gives you the options you were after.

BOL,

Back
Top Bottom