Health insurance: interesting newsarticle just published

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Gary,
Gary RV Roamer said:
This link should work better.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-blue-cross-obamacare-insurance-0313-biz-20160311-story.html

Humrmm... it shows (and "clicks") here exactly the same as the one I've posted... but thanks nonetheless.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Still struggling to understand how it can be called the "Affordable Care Act".  My premiums have almost doubled and the deductible is up over 300% and now it appears Insurance Companies are still losing money.  Interesting. :-\

The ACA allows health insurers to keep 20 cents on every subscriber dollar.. Most do not know this, 80 cents has to be paid out as benefits.. If they lost money it is due to bad planning.

The Alternative woudl allow the health insurers to pay out as little as,, Less than one cent per dollar if they wished.. Think about this.. It is that 80% benefits requirment that makes ACA work.

Most insurers end up paying more than 80% out in benefits anyway. Insurers make their money on cash flow, not the difference between premiums and benefits. They don't mind paying out 100% in benefits as long as they get a high volume of premiums and some time to invest the cash before paying it back out again.

But we are wandering off the RV reservation here. This could quickly degenerate into an ACA" political discussion and I don't want to go there.

Back
Top Bottom