Wrangler unlimited as a toad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azwinne

We are getting a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited for a toad and am wondering if when towed and transfer case in neutral, do miles add up on the odometer?
I had a 2001 Wrangler TJ sometime back, but don't remember, and anything else to be thinking about with this vehicle?  It is a Sahara model.

I have had a 2007 JK and now a 2016 JKU.  The mileage does not record while towing.  Put the transfer case in neutral and the transmission in park (1st gear if manual).  The 2007 had a locking steering column so we had to turn on the ignition, but that didn't cause mileage to record.  They are great to tow and fun when you get there.  Enjoy!! :)

azwinne said:
We are getting a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited for a toad and am wondering if when towed and transfer case in neutral, do miles add up on the odometer?
I had a 2001 Wrangler TJ sometime back, but don't remember, and anything else to be thinking about with this vehicle?  It is a Sahara model.

No, miles do NOT accrue as you are towing with the key off.

Great choice for a toad.  One of the simplest in terms of flat-towing.

Mike.

Thanks all, that is what I thought.  Can't wait to get it all rigged up and ready to go. Base plate, wiring, diodes etc. Install ham radio and antenna... Fun fun.

Back
Top Bottom