Another new Chrome user question ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tvman44

How do you fellows download videos (u-tube) while in Chrome.  I used Flash Video Down loader in Firefox but that will not work in Chrome.  I get error message abt. "u-tube does not allow down loading" or something like that.  I really like being able to down load videos like I did with FF.

Search the Chrome addons for a video downloader.

I did, but they will not work on u-tube videos.  That is why I was asking, hoping someone found something somewhere that does not come up on the Chrome search.

tvman44 said:
I did, but they will not work on u-tube videos.  That is why I was asking, hoping someone found something somewhere that does not come up on the Chrome search.

I've been using CHROME for years and I've been watching any type of video without any specific extensions.
p.s. you do need to activate JavaScript

legrandnormand said:
I've been using CHROME for years and I've been watching any type of video without any specific extensions.
p.s. you do need to activate JavaScript

He can watch them but he wants to download them.

If he just wants to download the files then he must get a third party program that will download videos. I don't think there is one for Chrome, but there is one available for Windows machines.

Go to www.majorgeeks.com and enter 'chrome video downloader' in the search field.  There are several there.

This one works ok.  http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/jordy_video_downloader.html

There are Linux versions, probably chrome OS and others as well.  You just gotta know where to look.  Chrome (the browser) works the same way regardless of which OS it's running in.  I use it in Windows, Linux, android, iOS, OS X, and Raspbian.

tvman44 said:
I really like being able to down load videos like I did with FF.

Could you just install FF for the download capability? You wouldn't have to use the browser for anything else if you don't want to, but it seems you  could use the video download feature.

That is what I am doing for now, just hoping to be able to do it all in Chrome.

Back
Top Bottom