EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: They said it could not be done...what next  (Read 1457 times)

oldme

• ---
They said it could not be done...what next
« on: March 18, 2016, 08:08:33 PM »
London England's Iconic Double-Decker Buses to go Electric

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/london-englands-iconic-double-decker-buses-to-go-electric-300108594.html

Next will be electric RVs.

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
Re: They said it could not be done...what next
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 06:42:41 AM »
Seneca, SC (Clemson Area Transit) has several electric busses, These are not like Chicago's electric busses (Which like trolly cars run on a overhead wire) or Detroit's Downtown Trolly (Good old electric trolly) these are battery driven with recharge stations along the route.  Every place the bus PAUSES in it's travels is a quick charge station..

Clemson Area Transit is unique among the public transportation systems I have seen or used, NO FARE BOX on the bus, NONE, zip, nada.. There is no fare.. The area found that by providing free bus service the government saves money in many ways.  Fewer traffic accidents is one benefit, meaning a police officer or two can be assigned to other, now more important duties, Less damage to the roads, less clean up, and a host of other benefits including cleaner air.  So they let you ride for FREE.

If more cities woudl adopt this, and expand it.. It would help... Friend of mine is a retired CAT Bus driver. now drives an employee shuttle for Duke Enegery.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

oldme

• ---
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
What I really found interesting is the 180 mile range.
NOT constant recharging.

I would like to see that battery system.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137094-electric-double-decker-buses-with-180-mile-range-hit-london-next-month

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
For years I have been telling relatives when I hook up to their electric the following.

I am charging up the huge battery bank in the motorhome so that my electric motor can go another 1,000 miles until I need a recharge and that their next month's electric bill will be a whopper.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:15:40 PM by HueyPilotVN »
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
2 Jeep Commanders
Mustang Bracket Race Car
Retired from the road to Lake Havasu after 35 years on the road

jje1960

• ---
  • Jim
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 10:05:05 AM »
For years I have been telling relatives when I hook up to their electric the following.

I am charging up the huge battery bank in the motorhome so that my electric motor can go another 1,000 miles until I need a recharge and that their next month's electric bill will be a whopper.
You must have a ton of relatives .. because I can't imagine you are getting invited back! ;0
Jim
2011 Ford F350 DRW 6.7 Diesel
2011 Cougar SRX