They said it could not be done...what next

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldme

London England's Iconic Double-Decker Buses to go Electric

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/london-englands-iconic-double-decker-buses-to-go-electric-300108594.html

Next will be electric RVs.

Seneca, SC (Clemson Area Transit) has several electric busses, These are not like Chicago's electric busses (Which like trolly cars run on a overhead wire) or Detroit's Downtown Trolly (Good old electric trolly) these are battery driven with recharge stations along the route.  Every place the bus PAUSES in it's travels is a quick charge station..

Clemson Area Transit is unique among the public transportation systems I have seen or used, NO FARE BOX on the bus, NONE, zip, nada.. There is no fare.. The area found that by providing free bus service the government saves money in many ways.  Fewer traffic accidents is one benefit, meaning a police officer or two can be assigned to other, now more important duties, Less damage to the roads, less clean up, and a host of other benefits including cleaner air.  So they let you ride for FREE.

If more cities woudl adopt this, and expand it.. It would help... Friend of mine is a retired CAT Bus driver. now drives an employee shuttle for Duke Enegery.

What I really found interesting is the 180 mile range.
NOT constant recharging.

I would like to see that battery system.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137094-electric-double-decker-buses-with-180-mile-range-hit-london-next-month

For years I have been telling relatives when I hook up to their electric the following.

I am charging up the huge battery bank in the motorhome so that my electric motor can go another 1,000 miles until I need a recharge and that their next month's electric bill will be a whopper.

HueyPilotVN said:
For years I have been telling relatives when I hook up to their electric the following.

I am charging up the huge battery bank in the motorhome so that my electric motor can go another 1,000 miles until I need a recharge and that their next month's electric bill will be a whopper.
You must have a ton of relatives .. because I can't imagine you are getting invited back! ;0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom