2009 Fleetwood Travel Trailer Prowler FKS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SSilva

I just bought NEW Battery for my Fleetwood Prowler TRAVEL Trailer (It had been Stored 15 months)

Now The interior lights work, the frig lights work, The Stove Vent Fan Works,and the Slider WORKS 
BUT the 120 Electrical Outlets DO NOT WORK...
I flipped all of the breakers on and off, but nothing happened

Should I replace all of the Fuses Next or WHAT Else might be my Problem?
THANKS
SSilva

You are plugged into some kind of shore power...right?

(not to sound insulting, but you DO need 110 in to get 110 out unless you have an inverter powering the outlets)

If so, check your converter.

I am not insulted... No I am not near SHORE Power

I am supposed to have the Option to use outlets even if I'm not hooked up to shore power..
Do you dont think it could be the two fuses behind the Converter

If you were told that you could run some 110 volt components then you would have an inverter not a converter.

Go into your profile and create a signature of yourself telling us a little bit about you and your RV. It may help latter on down the road when you have more questions. 

A CONVERTER  converts 120VAC to 12VDC to charge batteries and run 12VDC items.

An INVERTER  inverts the  12VDC to alternating current, or to 120VAC.  This can run low wattage AC items.  Bigger battery banks, bigger appliances. 

Check the inverter to see if is is receiving power.  If so, is there power output.  You probably have a fuse or breaker issue on the inverter.

I am supposed to have the Option to use outlets even if I'm not hooked up to shore power..

Not likely in that RV. I suspect you were misled or misunderstood.

As others have said, you can add an inverter (which draws battery power and makes 120v) and wiring to power the outlets that way, but few trailers of that ilk have enough battery capacity to make that practical. An inverter sucks a lot of battery amps to make just a little 120v power.

Can you identify the make & model of the battery charger unit? Or perhaps the power panel where the breakers and fuses are located? That will tell us what you have and what you can expect of it.

SSilva said:
I am not insulted... No I am not near SHORE Power

Do you dont think it could be the two fuses behind the Converter

Maybe they meant you have a generator. That would give you 110v without shore power.

Ok I replaced the two 40 amp breakers and made sure that my battery cables were correct white to negative red to positive,,, but within ten-fifteen minutes the lights begin to dim and fail and the radio stops working and the appliances don't work...  WHERE IS THE CONVERTER and HOW DO I REPLACE IT?

Back
Top Bottom