'96 Adventurer - where is city water connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nomadic Mason

Does anybody know where I can get a manual for my 1996 Winnebago Adventurer that will show me where things are located. For the life of me I can't find the water inlet for connecting to "city" water, among other things.

edit by staff - changed subject to be more descriptive

Try this. Just click on your model.

http://winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/operatormanuals1996.php

I have that manual and while it shows a connection for water I just don't see where it is located. All I can find is the open fill port. Is that the only water port? If so, how do I connect to "city" water?

All of the Winnebago's I have seen including the two I owned had the city water connection in the service bay (compartment) where the sewer valves/connections are. My second one also had a valve to direct the city water into the fresh water tank to fill it. It also had the gravity fill port.

I looked at that manual and you're right, it's not terribly elucidating.  It just says it's in the left side "utility compartment." It does seem to show where just about everything else is.  My non-Adventurer Winnebago product has one compartment in front of the rear wheel that has the sewer dump connection and another compartment aft of the rear wheel that has the city water connection, the water pump, the outdoor shower and the electrical connection.  I could call either one of those the "utility compartment."  My city water connection is actually on the underside of a panel/box in that bay.  Bottom line, just keep looking on that side of the coach.

Nomadic Mason said:
Does anybody know where I can get a manual for my 1996 Winnebago Adventurer that will show me where things are located. For the life of me I can't find the water inlet for connecting to "city" water, among other things.

Our 1993 Itasca Suncruiser (Winnebago Adventurer's sister) only had a gravity fill port on the passenger side rear. I do not know when the water fill connection was changed to a city water connection or if it was. If you still cannot locate the city water connection, a call to Winnebago should get you information on it's location.

R

What you need to look at are the plumbing diagrams.

I pulled up a '96 34RQ and found the connection. It's in the attached image. Looks like all the 34' models are that way, facing down on the bottom of the panel.  There's a "tank fill"/"city fill" valve on the front panel, right?

Attachments

• 96Adventurer%20fill_zps8qkxrrod[1].jpg
    96Adventurer%20fill_zps8qkxrrod[1].jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 29
Our 1993 Suncruiser had a city water connection but there was no direct connection (with an off/on valve) to fill the water tank. The only way to fill the water tank was through the gravity fill port. BTW, our city water connection looked exactly link the connection labeled "FILL-CITY WATER."

R

My 1995 Adventurer has a city water port on the drivers side, right in the side of the coach, NOT in the "plumbing" compartment.

My tank fill is at the back on the opposite side.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom