Gasoline Availablility Glacier Park (US) to Banff, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baxterboy

We are planning a trip that takes us first to Great Falls, MT and then on to Glacier National Park.  From there we want to visit Banff and area via Calgary.  Our planned return trip is to head south back to Idaho, US, via Hwy 95.  Our concern is that we are towing a trailer and only average 200 miles per tank of gasoline.  What is the availability of gasoline over these roads?

Try GasBuddy.com.  Type in names of some places along your route.  You will see locations and prices for each town or city.

;D You have nothing to worry about. Fuel stops and a decent cup of coffee are readily available in the Great White North.

You will find that in the USA and even Canada  gas stations are as numouras as McDonald's.    Most vehical are build with a 300 mile range gas tank. It is very unlikely you will ever go more then 50 miles without seeing a station expecialy on the interstate system

One word of caution...
The only gas station on the Icefields Parkway between Lake Louise & Jasper is at Saskatchewan River Crossing and they are simply put gougers when it comes to gas prices.
That place is a disgrace to the tourism business, they know they are the only establishment for 100km (60 miles) in either direction.
Their prices for everything are sky high and at one time they were charging more than 30 - 35% more for gas than either Jasper or Lake Louise and those prices are at a premium.
Make sure you have a full tank before leaving either Lake Louise going north or Jasper going south.

I admit I haven't been through there for 18 months but for the 3 years before that I drove it (both ways) summer & winter about once a month.
I'm sure things haven't changed.

Happy travels, drive safe, watch for animals
Cheers,
Geoff

I remember stopping there at night and being charged 5 bucks cash only to put the nozzle in the tank, this was before the days of self serve. A few letters to the oil company ended that practice.

RoyM said:
I remember stopping there at night and being charged 5 bucks cash only to put the nozzle in the tank, this was before the days of self serve. A few letters to the oil company ended that practice.

Last summer, my wife had fries and gravy, I had a hamburger and fries, two glasses of water, they didn't put ice in the water. Almost 40 bucks. Won't ever stop there again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom