New Winnebago owner....Eco RV PRO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herencia

We need to make a decision on whether to invest the $2000 for the Eco RV Pro  - Interior and exterior surface protector - micro repel......
Any advice out there????

Welcome to the forum.

Keep that $2000 in your pocket, it is not worth the money. Just an added up-sell profit for the dealer. You need that money to upgrade and personalize your RV  :)  I bet the next offer will be extended warranty. Just use the search button en find "extended warranty", good for hours of reading!

What RV did you buy?

Wax the RV yourself with a $10 jug of car wax, or higher somebody for a couple hundred bucks to do it for you. Get a $7 can of Scotchguard for the interior. Save the rest of that $2000 for useful things that add to your enjoyment.

The Eco-Pro product offers some benefits that the average DIY product cannot.

On the interior, it's an atomized fogger applied product. It's guaranteed to provide protection inside the nooks & crannies and HVAC ducting that you cannot reach. Scotch Guard has no anti-microbial properties - NONE.

On the exterior, it is trial tested to last longer than a wax will. That's why it's guaranteed. Decide what your time is worth to you. If it's nothing, then go get a can of wax and spend 10-20 hours a year applying it yourself. Or pay someone $200 twice a year to apply it for you, but that will cost you over $2000 over 5 years anyway.

Dealers make profit on these products, but that doesn't mean they don't have value to the customer and it's pretty narrow sited to blatantly state otherwise.

Thanks for your responses (pro and con) We got the new 70x .    Unfortunately my husband had not the patience to wait for your answers and went ahead with the application inside and out.

We are like newlyweds, collecting the kitchenware, towels, small bbq and all of the little things needed to load her up on Monday when we take possession !!!

Now we need to plant some tall bushes/trees so our neighbors won't have to look at it from the side of their house!!!

...and it's pretty narrow sited to blatantly state otherwise.

Well, I guess that makes me "narrow sited".  Whatever that may be.

Please tell us more about this guarantee. Just what does it cover, for how long, who gets to decide if the protection has lived up to its claims, and what remedy is provided if it does not? The EcoPro website doesn't even mention a guarantee.

It's my opinion (worth every penny you paid for it!) that most RVs could go 5 years without anything more than routine washing and still look pretty good.  I'm not recommending that, mind you, but I think that's a baseline for appearance. My coach is now over 12 years old and still looks good, without any "protection" other than a once/year application of Protect-All. Yeah, it's a 10 hour job, but my labor is cheap.

Herencia said:
Dick,
Its a Winnebago Era 70x just for 2 of us

Thanks, they are a real nice B, enjoy.  If you are interested in having some good Winnebago friends, check into joining the WIT club.  Dick

hahaha - good time to follow up on the magic chemicals to see if the stood up after a year :)

Back
Top Bottom