2012 Arctic Fox 990 Switches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wheatina

I just bought a used 2012 Arctic Fox truck camper. I have the Owner's Manual, but it is very poorly written and doesn't tell me how to use some of the features. There are two white switches on a white stitch-plate above the sink to the right side. The one on the left is for the cab-over bed-area lights and the Fantastic Fan. But, I can't figure out what the switch on the right is for? Anyone with a Arctric Fox camper know? Thanks!!

Wheatina said:
I just bought a used 2012 Arctic Fox truck camper. I have the Owner's Manual, but it is very poorly written and doesn't tell me how to use some of the features. There are two white switches on a white stitch-plate above the sink to the right side. The one on the left is for the cab-over bed-area lights and the Fantastic Fan. But, I can't figure out what the switch on the right is for? Anyone with a Arctric Fox camper know? Thanks!!

Have you tried to put it on and see what happens? Could it be for the water pump?

As a guess, I would say for the electric element in your water heater which you may or may not have.

You may want to visit the Northwood RV Owners Association site...

cheers..

grassy said:
As a guess, I would say for the electric element in your water heater which you may or may not have.

As a follow up if it is your water heater element, make sure your heater tank is full before you put it on. If you don't, you will burn it out in a very short time if there's no water in the heater.

Wheatina said:

Owner's Manuals, unfortunately rarely get into that level of detail. Generally, one of those switches would control interior lights and the other the exterior "porch light" or the fan. Since the fan is wired with the interior lights, I'd guess the porch light.

It would be very, very uncommon for the pump to be ran on a dual switch like you describe. It probably uses a little light-up switch on the monitor panel.

The W.H. element is 120VAC. Sometimes they use a 12VDC switch going to a relay, but I've never seen one that was not clearly labeled and certainly not on a tandem switch like you describe.

Occasionally, I've happened across these that had auxiliary fans installed on the refrigerator. It's possible that the installer used this switch for those.

NickB--I haven't checked to see if it turns on the porch light. There is another switch inside, above the door, that turns on the porch light. Maybe it turns on the flood light. I know when I flip it on, there is nothing obvious that it controls inside. I'll check the outside. Thanks for the suggestion.

I put up a photo showing what the switches look like. Why they didn't mark these is ridiculous!! You can see my panel area in this photo here--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/treadletoes/25962103976/in/datetaken-public/

There are two other switches that control the water heater, so I'm sure the unknown switch is not for that.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!

OKAY!! i GOT IT!!! It is the outside flood light switch alone. The back door light turns on both the porch and flood lights, but this switch turns on ONLY the flood light.

THANK YOU NICKB!! I figured this out due to your suggestion!  ;D

Wheatina said:
OKAY!! i GOT IT!!! It is the outside flood light switch alone. The back door light turns on both the porch and flood lights, but this switch turns on ONLY the flood light.

THANK YOU NICKB!! I figured this out due to your suggestion!  ;D
You're welcome! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom