Dometic AC help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My rooftop AC unit compressor stopped running. I changed out the start cap and it will run if I hardware it... 110 volts to purple and black.  Inside the rv, I can hardware from compressor relay out and neutral and it runs.. After much ado, I can wire the compressor to the heat strip leads and the comfort control will run the compressor as if it was a heat strip. So, now, I'm finding I have no neutral current ( voltage) at the T-1 (yellow) terminal in the control unit. If I supply a 110V neutral wire to the yellow, it runs normally, it will come on shortly after the fan comes on, but will continue to run after the blower stops. The control unit was new last year. I also reset my control unit (t-stat) Anyone know where my neutral has gone? Is this a thermostat issue? Thanks, Ken

There is no neutral from an RV thermostat. It operates on 12V DC and signals the controller in the air conditioner using that 12V. 120V is supplied directly to the AC unit and is applied through relays to the various circuits. Neutrals do not go through any control circuits though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom