Heading to Corpus Christi Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjhinde

Let me know if any of you have any suggestions, don't do's extra.  We will be heading out of DFW to Mustang Island on the 183 to bypass Austin and hit only the out skirts of San Antonio.  Our final destination until I hear otherwise will be the Pioneer Beach Resort.  So any thoughts on that camp ground and we would be coming through Port Aransas Pass, I think that is fairy.  Can they carry a 31 foot Class C?  We plan to stop at a place in Waco our first night and then again down in Luling for the second night.  We take our time, as the journey for us is as much as the destination.  We have been to San Antonio many times, so no need to stop there.  We have been to Corpus once about 10 years ago and liked the area.  So for our first Shake down of our new unit we thought we would go back.   

There is no problem crossing on the Ferry from Aransas Pass.  They are used to trailers and motorhomes and do an excellent job of giving you plenty of room.  If I was You, I'd take Hwy US77 south from Waco all the way to Victoria.  About 15 or so miles south of Victoria on US77, take hwy 239 over to Tivoli, where it hits hwy 35.  35 takes you through Rockport and on to Aransas Pass.  Excellent road, not much traffic.  Much easier drive than I-35 and I-37.  130, the new toll road is an option but it dumps you out  east of San Antonio and is out of the way to go south, plus, you've got to pay the tolls.

Back
Top Bottom