1985 Minie Winnie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boac0928

bought a 1985 Minnie.... in very good shape for age. has a few leaks. Am totally ignorant a to what to use for repairs of leaks>>>>>  I bought (after help and research) Permatex clear RTV silicone sealant for outside window casing...seems to work well. leaks have stopped. it is (cheaper and better to me) than 3m... flexible, which is good.
I need to recaulk everything connected to camper face/shell ...what to use? there is black stuff around fixtures....some of which look like a gasket type materiel.  It is also on ladder connections to camper face.  What is this black "gasket" looking stuff called. might have adhesive on one side(?).....and where to purchase it.  I live in an area near Johnson City, TN....(northeast corner of state). there are NO Camperworlds' here....lol    Can anyone help me figure out what/where/etc....... thank you

Silicone is ok for window trim, but for the roof and any vertical seams, use ab RV lap sealant such as Dicor. Use the self-leveling stuff on the roof and the no-sag for anything vertical or slanted.

Nothing sticks to silicone, not even more silicone, so it has to be removed rather than touched up. That's why it is NOT recommended for roof seams & openings and any vertical structure seams.

www.amazon.com/Dicor-501LSW-1-Lap-Sealant-10-3/dp/B000BRF7QE/ref=pd_sim_263_4
http://www.amazon.com/Dicor-Non-Leveling-Sealant-551LSW/dp/B004RCSR1G

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom