leaning class a...help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2012thor37

I have a 2012 Thor Challenger 37dt gas with a ford F-53 chassis with less then 5500 miles and it leans to the passenger side. I have searched the web and found the following, some say airbags others say helper springs. Not sure what I should do. I have taken it to a repair shop and there is no issue or problems with frame, it seems that everyone has different answers or opinion on the fix, need advice and help!!!!

Your Ford may have individual air bags at the rear, and one may be low. You can see them by looking at the rear springs at the attachment point of the axle housing.>>>Dan

Is it possible there is significantly more weight, both from installed "stuff" and items you have added on the right side?  Can you get the coach weighed with individual wheel weights?  I have no clue , just more guesses.

I recall another member having an issue with a leaning motorhome.  I believe it turned out to be caused by a side to side weight difference.  Try to find a set of scales in your area that can weigh each set of tires individually. Then you can jockey stuff around accordingly to balance things out.

I had a service truck that had the same problem.  The welder and air compressor were on one side along with a large amount of hand tools.  We moved the hand tools to the other side and managed to get the weight balance to within a couple hundred pounds.

If you have a sand/gravel yard nearby they will often let you weigh for free as long as you stay out of the way. Get 6 weights, each wheel individually, then front and rear axles.

I have a 1999 Winnebago Adventurer 35C and a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G, both on the Ford F-53 chassis. Both lean to the right. I put AirLift air bags on the 1999. It does level it out. It made a big difference on lean in corners. Adding a leaf to the spring pack is the only real solution.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom