There's no privacy anymore!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dave54

One of our favorite boondocking sites on Google Earth.

What are the odds the @#$% satellite would catch us on this particular day?

Unmistakenly us.  Our trailer, silver pickup, with canoe on the roof.

Attachments

• Butte creek google earth.jpg
    Butte creek google earth.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 216
That's neat! The Google Earth street view at my house shows my wife hanging out laundry, two of my grandsons sitting on the back step, and me on my Harley heading out the driveway. Pic was from almost 4 years ago, and things have changed a bit. We had just moved in there.

The street view of our house shows lots of leaves on the ground, but no camper in the driveway. We've never been able to figure out where we were off to so late in the season when the picture was taken.

Several years ago I was showing my Mom how Google Earth worked.  The view of her place had her car in the driveway.  She wondered who had moved her car out of the garage..LOL

Attachments

• moms google - rrrCopy - Copy.jpg
    moms google - rrrCopy - Copy.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 83
A couple years ago there was a piece in the news of a person whose mother had passed away.  Sometime after this person google earthed the home and clearly could see the mother sitting on the porch.  What makes this story kind of cool is, this person had no photos of the mother and was able to print it.

For almost a year Google Earth's satellite view showed my Arctic Fox trailer parked crosswise at the front porch of our house.  I had used it to move a large amount of personal stuff from CA to WA and when I arrived I parked it there and put a plank between the trailer's door and the porch so I could carry all of the stuff in without having to go up and down the steps each time.

It wasn't there more than an hour before I moved it into it's parking space next to the garage.

When I told my mother about Google Earth she remarked she had better remember to close the bathroom door, I assured her it wasn't that good. ;D

My old place (now a rental) the street view shows my truck and car trailer in front yard with a dog kennel on it; Me standing there in the driveway looking at the google car; and a beautiful demolition derby car in the open garage.  OK I found it really amusing--DW, not so much....lol

Google "Street view" has caught crimes in progress. and assorted other things that are.. Well Embarassing.

The problem is they do not update very often.. It can be a long time between updates.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom