King dome an direct tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jody reynolds

Having trouble with the king dome locking onto a signal was working fine an then all of the sudden it stopped here is what I found after two days of messing with it. First of all I found a cable that had a bad end which I replaced but that did not fix the problem being I was out on the road I was having a hard time getting some one to help me figure out the problem I did end up finding a gentlemen in independence mo that was willing to try and help what a blessing he was he works for cjs systems llc . Anyway when we got all said an done  we ended up calling a tech an he said direct tv had just done an update to there services and that because of that reason it was not allowing our satellite to pick up the signal    Direct tv said our equipment was out dated  Not true. Come to find out that all we needed was to recalibrate our satellite to pick up the new signal  It took about 5 or 6 times of doing this but the results were worth it.  Needless to say just wanted to put this out there incase some one else has a problem  they may want to try this first before investing in or spending a lot of money  when there may be nothing wrong with there current one  Thanks for listening

I had a similar problem with Dish and my King dome. I had not used my satellite system for a few months and could not get my dome to lock in, called and talked to Dish and they forced a download and that helped somewhat, the dome would find one sat and then could not find the other and would start scanning again and again. I called and talked with a tech at King Systems and they were able to talk me through a setting change that fixed the problem. King was very helpful and I have talked to them a few times over the last three years. Not sure if having to talk to King that often is a good thing but then again it is a system that is only used a few months each year. Good luck with yours in the future. Pat.

Jody reynolds said:
Having trouble with the king dome locking onto a signal was working fine an then all of the sudden it stopped here is what I found after two days of messing with it. First of all I found a cable that had a bad end which I replaced but that did not fix the problem being I was out on the road I was having a hard time getting some one to help me figure out the problem I did end up finding a gentlemen in independence mo that was willing to try and help what a blessing he was he works for cjs systems llc . Anyway when we got all said an done  we ended up calling a tech an he said direct tv had just done an update to there services and that because of that reason it was not allowing our satellite to pick up the signal    Direct tv said our equipment was out dated  Not true. Come to find out that all we needed was to recalibrate our satellite to pick up the new signal  It took about 5 or 6 times of doing this but the results were worth it.  Needless to say just wanted to put this out there incase some one else has a problem  they may want to try this first before investing in or spending a lot of money  when there may be nothing wrong with there current one  Thanks for listening

Would you please post the procedure to recalibrate the king dome.

Thanks

Ken

Ken, call and talk to a King Controls tech at 952 922 6889, you have to leave them a message about what you are calling about and your model # and contact info and they will call you back, usually fairly quickly. I have done so more than once and have always been able to resolve my problem. Pat.

Back
Top Bottom