Prodex Total insulation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WanderingMia

Hello, this will be the first of MANY questions during this remodel. You can read my more detailed story in the "introduce yourself" forum, but here's the basics...31 foot MH, water damage, removed wall paneling and styrofoam insulation, will be using in all kinds of weather year round all over the country, particularly concerned with summer in ND, got dangerously hot last year.

So, I have water damaged wall panels and ceiling bits removed here and there and am almost ready to replace them. I will be using Basic panels on the walls and wainscoting on the ceiling probably going right over the current ceiling which has pieces cut out that were damaged. The wall gaps are 1.5" deep. I'm thinking of putting in 3/4" styrofoam and the Prodex Total between styrofoam and interior wall panels. Also thinking of putting it between existing ceiling and the wainscoting. Thoughts? Ideas? Has anybody used this product? Would it be usable as an underlayment below the laminate floor I'll be putting in? Will it still offer a benefit without an airspace? Thanks in advance!

Hello, If you have an 1 1/2 wall space you might want to consider using 2 sheets of rigid foam with the reflective finish. It may give you a better R value. I bonded the first sheet to the outside skin with foam adhesive. Then bonded the second sheet to the first. If the insulation is fit tight to the studs it's almost like a structural panel.

Hope this helps, food for thought any way.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom